For What Are You Thankful?

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Yeah, corny topic. Humor me, I'm old.
Tomorrow is a holiday in the US where some people, once upon a time, gave thanks to the people who welcomed them. In that spirit, I'd like to thank a few old-time Mofos who went out of their way to welcome me here:
Aniko
Holden
Yoda
Caitlyn
Pidzilla
Golgot

Also, some things I'm thankful for:
my health
I'm not flat broke
my sister, who keeps me sane
the people I work with are mostly awesome
I have some truly wonderful friends

Please use this thread to say what you're thankful for or to thank someone for something.

Arresting your development
That's a really good question. I don't think it's a corny topic at all.

I'm thankful that my daughter lives with me. I don't know what I would do if she wasn't their every night and day.

I'm thankful for how my life ended up. There has been some good pains and joys in there somewhere.

I would like to thank the people who believed enough in me when I didn't.

I also would like to thank Grape soda. It was there for me at a rough time/place in my life.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
...I would like to thank the people who believed enough in me when I didn't...
Ah, a good one.
There have been people who, for no apparent reason, have been really supportive at times when I needed it.

I'm thankful for the few friends that stuck by me when all the **** hit the fan. I'm also thankful for good trance music, which was there when no one else was.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I'm thankful for having somewhere to move when I have to move out of this place.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

im thankful to be alive.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Pidz~ where are you moving to?
I'm moving within the same town. I'm moving out of an apartment I've been living in for five years. I've been sharing it with a number of different people over the years, but one guy has been staying here all the time, my best friend. So, it's a bit melancholic moving out of here, but the new place is really nice, but expensive.

Sounds like the end of an era.
Are you getting your own place, then?
Well, I am the only one who's going to live there, yes (if I don't decide to get a roommate). But it's not "my place", I'm renting it from a friend of a friend who's moving to Denmark to study for quite some time.

And it is an end of an era. I have never lived longer than for a year anywhere before I moved into this place and we've had some really REALLY fun times here. We had a party here once that among friends and others has been labelled The Party. That's pretty cool.. We do know how to throw a perfect party, yes we do.

My life isn't written very well.
Piddy; may all of your friends offer to help you move!

I'm thankful for having a life where memories, good and bad, can be reflected upon and I can think; Yes, I did that.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I am thankful for MoFo's, my growing collection of books, my friends, school, my house, but most of all my family. And MoFo's.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm thankful for my beloved little sister Nicole, who has kept me sane this past year and has let me know that I am loved even at my worst times.

I'm Thankful for my buddy Jeremy who is helping me get back on my feet after losing my job, and his girlfriend Erin for getting me a ticket to see Pearl Jam which was the best time I've had all year.

I'm also thankful for Pearl Jam (haha) for writing such brilliant music that I can relate to.

And yeah, I'm thankful for MoFo, and all the fine people here, especially Nebbit and allthatglitters for being really cool to me, and the MoFo's who are gone but not forgotten, Lordslaytan, SexyCelebrity, and Mary Lo (come back soon, Mary! need Buffy talk!). I'm not always on MoFo as much as I used to be, but I still consider it my favorite site.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

first i am thankful for my husband, rob...wouldn't have gotten this far without him by my side

to all my family and friends on and off the internet

thanks to all who have welcomed me to this site

and the most important..my health...i am thankful that they found my breast cancer when they did...

I am thankful to those wonderful people who do and have loved me no matter what

I am thankful for haveing such a beautiful place to live, I just went down the back garden, really bush, I saw a lovely Kangaroo.

I am thankful to finding MoFo, I may not write a lot, I read a lot, there are so many interesting, smart and warm people here

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm thankful today for the right boot of Ronan O'Gara........

Otherwise I might have remembered last night.

Lets put a smile on that block
I'd like to thank a few old-time Mofos who went out of their way to welcome me here:
Aniko
Holden
Yoda
Caitlyn
Pidzilla
Golgot
*cough*