RIP David McCallum

Tools    

David McCallum, star of hit TV series The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and NCIS, dies aged 90.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-...ncis/102900304

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of his performances I've seen and enjoyed over the years:

Robbery Under Arms (1957)

The Secret Place (1957)

A Night to Remember (1958)

Violent Playground (1958)

Billy Budd (1962)

The Great Escape (1963)

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1964-1968)

Sol Madrid (1968)

Mosquito Squadron (1969)

The Invisible Man (1975-1976)

R.I.P.

OMG, I fell in love with this guy after I saw my first episode of The Man From UNCLE. A charismatic actor who never had the career he deserved. Illya Kuryakin made my list of sexiest male television characters. RIP

I think I saw scattered episodes from The Man from U.N.C.L.E. back when I was a kid, but barely remember it. I fell in love with McCallum when I started watching NCIS back around 2005 or 2006. USA always had like marathons of reruns so I stumbled upon it and it became a bit of a comfort show for me. McCallum was a big part of why. He had an elegant wit to him and his character. I stuck with the show until season 15 or something and then slowly fell of it. I've always felt like going back to it, only because of how much I enjoyed watching all the characters interact. I think his role was a bit diminished because of his age, but was still on it. Anyway, RIP.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Oh no. Really liked him from The Man From U.N.C.L.E and most especially from NCIS as Ducky. R.I.P.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I mainly know David McCallum from three different The Outer Limits episodes:The Sixth Finger 'A scientist hires a miner to be the human subject in an experiment to speed-up evolution, which slowly turns the miner into a highly intelligent, alien-like being.' The Forms of Things Unknown 'Two disparate women with a body in their car trunk come upon a house by chance wherein a crazed inventor has a time machine that can bring back the dead.'Feasibility Study

Knew him from The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Great Escape, The Greatest Story Ever Told, and from the beginning episode, his role as Ducky on NCIS although I stopped watching when Mark Harmon left. But...

I really liked him in a NIght Gallery episode, "The Phantom Farmhouse"(1971) where McCallum plays a psychiatrist who has a kind of offbeat practice that is out-of-doors. One patient tells him of a place off in the woods where a girl lives and once you see her, you'll instantly fall for her. McCallum's curiosity gets the best of him and he goes out the way where the ruins of a farmhouse are said to be by other people. But when he gets there, the farmhouse is there and the girl is, too, like his patient said. And he falls for her. But what she really is turns out to be something that he must deal with or be in danger of being killed. A really effective and spooky episode and one of my favorites. McCallum's frightened acting was really convincing. Godspeed, David!