THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST - warning graphic images

→ in
Tools    

i saw the passion the day of its release, the film is 10/10 hands down. The film is cinematographically magical, briliantly directed, beatuiful acting, extrodinary work. where do i start, Jim Caviezel, what can i say, struck by lightning, dislocating shoulder, feeling the courging, pnemounia, hypothermia, etc...a hero that is commited to his art and work. Maia (Mary), excellent excellent actress, not a word, but face that says a lot, brilliant emotions showed, very very strong. Monica bellucci was great also. The way the film was made was very elegant, very professional, and so so moving. Direction? at its best, mel gibson AGAIN, proved that he is a MASTER filmmaker, his vision is as close as it can get, as powerful as it can get, as strong as it can get.
Is this film Antisemetic? NO NO NO NO NO, the film blamed mainly the Jewish Government at the time, it was very political in a way, kissing their way through power. As for the jewish group, they were exactly like Braveheart? in the first when they took william wallace, they spitted, threw things at him, etc, and when they saw the extreme torture, they called out "mercy", same thing in the passion, the jewish citizens felt bad for jesus b.c it got too much.
This film shows the GOOD and BAD of all people, the good jews (e.g simon), the bad jews (the caiaphas), the good romans (the guards who felt bad after what they saw), the bad romans (the romans who scourged jesus), it is VERY BALANCED.
The film i agree is very violent, NOT FOR CHILDREN, NOT FOR ANYONE UNDER 15. I think conservative or strong faithed christians wont see it to be violent, b.c they are fimilar with the gospels teaching, but for someone who knows nothing, will see it from a different perspective, same as a muslim, a jew, etc. everyone will see the film from a different angle
I like how Mel balanced the film, i saw jesus so much to be human, an innocent person getting judged and tortured, and his relationship with his lovign mother, seeing him suffer, and in the end, he still forgives, VERY VERY POWERFUL, if this movie wasnt about jesus, but the same thing for just a regular man, it would still be powerful for me, b.c it is too emotional. This film showed jesus NOT TO BE GOD, but SON of god, and proved so, the film shows jesus intellegence, and humbleness, it is the perfect jesus film. This film is not mainly a CHRISTIAN film, but a film for everyone, a film about sacrifice for ones u love, and to love people, and the message you belive in. It is for everyone
There are scenes that i wont forget that struck me, and i thought were very poetic, and strong, so i will state them *SPOILERS AHEAD*":

HIGHLIGHT TO SEE THE TEXT BELOW UNDER WARNING, BEWARE, ITS SPOILERS
WARNING: "The Passion of the Christ" spoilers below

1- when jesus falls with the cross, Mary goes to him saying IM HERE, and he says SEE, MOTHER, I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW and stood up and embraced his cross in peace, knowing his destiny, VERY POWERFUL
2- WHen jesus dies, and the rain falls, it symbolises god's tears for the death of jesus, that was a very very strong image.
and many many images of the film that are very strong

The film ended, i did not move, i watched everyone around me still, or crying, it is a SHOCK, the movie is very very strong. It's epic, triumphant, and will be one of the unforgettable film sof time, this film is a masterpiece without a doubt, and an artistic form of art.
The film is now estimating to hit 60 million in its box-office weekend, this film is the most controversial film in history says Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ebert says it is the most violent film ever made , which proves Mel succeeded to show just a little of what the actual event was like for Jesus in the gospels, which was way more violent than the film to the point of Jesus being unrecognizable, so thank god if you think the film was too violent, cause reality was WORSE. The Passion is changing people's lives in different ways, because of the shocking truth, a woman died in the hospital after seeing the crucifixion scene, jews started to claim Jesus is THE Messiah, people converted religions, people start hating the fact that one day they showed anger, and ungratefulness, while they can show the opposite as Jesus did in the film. More talks on TV everyday on the film, the film either is Love for the right reasons or Hated for the wrong reasons. The Jewish groups are just attacking out of fear, out of knowing how good this art is, out of letting Christians down as usual, out of fear of jews converting, out of fear of loosing their power and money in Hollywood. Yet again, there is a lot of jewish people who saw the film in the right positive way, and until now, NO ONE who walked out of the film said I hate jews, or I blame the jews, so please, to the people who control the media, and want to hurt artistic freedom, the Jewish business men who are making a buck out of every pocket and the hateful critics such as the NYTIMES who prosecute the film: If you didn't make all that fuss, nothing that big would've happened, but, it backfired, i hope you stop this ignorance, and learn from your shameful and UNFAIR mistakes.
Mel gibson is a true artist, who no matter what, comitted to his vision, and made the vision that he BELIVES in and PASSION about, its a true labor of love.
PS: no matter how many pics you will see, or trailers, what you will see in the film won't prepare you for this film.
TO LEARN MORE ON THE FILM, VISIT
photo gallery: http://www.thepassion.znap.to

here are some pictures COPYRIGHT OF WWW.THEPASSIONOFTHECHRIST.TK, do not copy or reproduce

PS: NO MATTER HOW BLOODY THESE IMAGES U SEE HERE, IT IS 10 000 TIMES WORSE IN THE FILM

Great movie, one think I noticed was 4 subliminal messages around the times where Jesus falls. I really would like to hear more info about these, they kind of distracted me and looked like all white screens with 2 red dots, although a friend of mine believes they were pictures of a cross.

If anyone can explain the meaning of the dots please do, at first I thought there was gonna be 1,2,3 etc for the # of falls or for stations of the cross. This was not true however as I believe they were all 2 red dots. My next thought was either the wounds in his hands or the look of his eyes in the movie. (they had a very bright amber color) I think this effect is better in Horror films and would really like to know why it was put in there?

Originally Posted by Mr.Saturn
Great movie, one think I noticed was 4 subliminal messages around the times where Jesus falls. I really would like to hear more info about these, they kind of distracted me and looked like all white screens with 2 red dots, although a friend of mine believes they were pictures of a cross.

If anyone can explain the meaning of the dots please do, at first I thought there was gonna be 1,2,3 etc for the # of falls or for stations of the cross. This was not true however as I believe they were all 2 red dots. My next thought was either the wounds in his hands or the look of his eyes in the movie. (they had a very bright amber color) I think this effect is better in Horror films and would really like to know why it was put in there?
i did not notice the dots, but ppl told me about it, i think mel when he showed the film, he had these dots to add special effects, but when i see it again, ill look harder

A system of cells interlinked
I believe what you saw were some sort of security cap codes or something. I have heard complaints about these in other films as well. Two awesome reviews btw. Can't wait to see it.

_S

Originally Posted by Sedai
I believe what you saw were some sort of security cap codes or something. I have heard complaints about these in other films as well. Two awesome reviews btw. Can't wait to see it.

_S
Nope these were definately meant to be in the film, they are all shown at 4 distinct scenes and are in the same style the excorcist style subliminal pictures. Watch for them during the carrying of the cross mainly at the times when Jesus falls.

Nope these were definately meant to be in the film, they are all shown at 4 distinct scenes and are in the same style the excorcist style subliminal pictures. Watch for them during the carrying of the cross mainly at the times when Jesus falls.

I haven’t seen the movie yet but Sedai might be right about the red dots… you may be interested in reading this thread for an explanation about what they are and why they are using them…

Red Dots / Cap Codes

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

And this is my BOOMstick!
i heard that the movie is not in elnglish. does that make it hardto watch it?

A system of cells interlinked
The red dots were put into the film on purpose, so yes, they were probably meant to be in the film. As to whether or not they are crosses/a subliminal message with some secret intention is what I question. The main reason being it doesn't make any sense from any angle I can imagine.

- There are pictures of crosses in the film itself, why hide them in subliminal messages? Are the crosses some cleverly disguised clue indicating the film is about religion? I think many folks may have figured out it was about religion at this point in time, without having even seen the film yet.

- Is there a chance, perhaps a slightly larger chance, that the idea of uncovering some worldwide conspiracy to control the thoughts of humans using film might seem interesting enough to some people, that they may inadvertently misconstrue security cap codes in a film as a worldwide conspiracy to control the thoughts of humans using film?

- There is already evidence in support of the cap code theory, right here on this very sight. Please click Cait's link for more info...

That said, I have yet to see the film, and will watch for the alleged secret crosses when I see it.

_S

Originally Posted by Nitzer
i heard that the movie is not in elnglish. does that make it hardto watch it?
Only if you don't know how to read.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Just read that post, does sound very similar but if what it says is true, the red dot thing should be a little different at different theaters.

I still stick with all the parts being 2 dots but my friend swears up and down that the 3rd was a cross (4 dots down, 3 across) and the 4th was a box of 8 dots with a blank center.

If anyone else notices this describe what patterns you see at your theater.

"I can't help it..."
I saw this film two nights ago... My reaction to this movie was something I have never experienced before. I really dislike the film because of the violence, but if I had to give it a rating out of five I'd give it a four...
The cinematography was very impressive, and the time in the cinema just flew by...
But for the first time in my whole life I have found a film that I NEVER want to see again...
But I recommend it to everyone... Strange.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

mel gibson perfects the art of filmmaking
that you wont need subtitles half way through the film
the actions tell you EVERYTHING,
not a big deal AT ALL, and the film doesnt have a lot of dialogue

Radioman