If they remade. . .

Tools    

I heard this rumor from JoBlo (although the entire website didn't believe it) that they're gonna remake JAWS. If you remade JAWS, who yould you cas as the three main characters? Which are. . .

Roy Scheider-Cheif Martin Brody

Richard Dreyfuss-Matt Hooper

Robert Shaw-Quint
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
I heard this rumor from JoBlo (although the entire website didn't believe it) that they're gonna remake JAWS. If you remade JAWS, who yould you cas as the three main characters? Which are. . .

Robert Shaw-Quint

Original cast is always better

Originally Posted by archvile
Original cast is always better

Well seeing as how they all have grey hair, not to mention one of them's dead, that wouldn't work. I meant actors that would fit in 2004, not 1975.

A remake of Jaws doesn't sound very appealing.

Originally Posted by Garrett
A remake of Jaws doesn't sound very appealing.
Yeah, IF (cuz it's only a rumor) it was remade, I don't think anybody in their right mind would see this in theatres. But I think it'd be worth a watch at home.

Robert Shaw-Quint
After all the old one was so fake looking. I don't know if it is supose to be funny but the shark looked alittle too fake inleast that is what I think!Anyway other then that it had a great plot it is a classic and the music by John Williams realy was great!
I would have to say that Richard Dreyfuss is great for Matt Hooper and for Roy lets say Dustin Hufferman and Robert uh how about nuts!Can't think of one right now!Well see you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Robert Shaw-Quint

It's a joke...all just a simple ridiculous rumor.

The first Jaws I felt was soooo stupid that it should have been a comedy, rather than an action film!!!

And this is my BOOMstick!
Why would you want to remake a film that was better not have been released in the first place? Back to the remakes: why does everyone keep saying that the original texas chainsaw massacre is better? Let's do a little comparison:
Original:

1) Gay killing scenes
2) Leatherface chases some idiot for about an hour nonstop
3) He wears a dress

Remake:

1) AWESOME killing scenes
2) a way better and thought-out plot
3) Leatherface DOES NOT wear a dress
4) Cool special effects

From my calculations it's 0-3, which make the remake 100% better that the gay original. the only good thing about that is that it was actually filmed, therefore there could have been a remake. Or a sequel. Or both. By the way, has anyone seen any of the texas chainsaw massacre sequels?

Did I miss something cuz I thought the thread was on JAWS. . .oh well.

Did I miss something cuz I thought the thread was on JAWS. . .oh well.
Yeah, sorry about that. I tend to get carried away when i'm mad at human stupidity.

Originally Posted by Nitzer

Gay killing scenes
I don't recall a whole lot of homosexual murder in TCM.

I meant "cheesy" killing scenes. And by that I don't mean the victims were choked with cheese.

I meant "cheesy" killing scenes. And by that I don't mean the victims were choked with cheese.

I know what you meant, I just don't understand using gay to mean stupid(or cheesy).

BANNED
Definately need a remake of Frankenstein..i really wanna see something that is close to mary shelley's work..i love that book so much

Originally Posted by SPIDEI2_MAN__
Definately need a remake of Frankenstein..i really wanna see something that is close to mary shelley's work..i love that book so much
I think they're doing a tv movie this year.....though, I haven't heard much about it.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Garrett
I think they're doing a tv movie this year.....though, I haven't heard much about it.
yeah i have heard of that..but im not expecting a definitive version

I would go see it even through I don't watch horror movies, it is a good movie even if the old one did look very fake!
How was the other "Jews" movies?I never saw two or three yet I do plan to rent it!But I wanted to make sure it was worth it first!
So is it worth renting?Let me know before I go rent it!I don't want to rent it if it is stupid!But anyway making a remake would be a good idea not a bad idea!
Think how real it would be?Too bad they are not going to use the old cast. But I think that they might be too old for there parts!After all Jews is a pretty old movie!See you around!JM

A system of cells interlinked
First off, Jaws is one of the best films ever made IMHO. The acting is great from every angle, the tension is masterfully built, and the overall it's just a great story. Just a great Man vs Nature story following in the footsteps of Moby Dick.

Secondly, this comment:

1) Gay killing scenes
2) Leatherface chases some idiot for about an hour nonstop
3) He wears a dress
..is really lame. Please use respectful language on the boards. Thank you.