Class B horror film with old lady cutting tentacles?

Tools    

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to find the name of the following movie:

SPECIFIC REMEMBERED SCENE: it's late at night and the old lady, who is one of the main characters, is down in the basement of her house, cutting with a butcher's knife on a table what APPEARS to be some sort of tentacles coming out of her, or cutting some sort of squid/monster. She uses single and strong strokes to chop off the tentacles or squid, and for each stroke there suffering high peak monster suffering noises
UNFORTUNATELY IT'S NOT CLEAR WHAT IS BEING CUT AS ONLY THE SHADOW'S OF THE LADY AND PRESUMED TENTACLES ARE BEING PICTURED!!

It's a class B movie from the 80's or early 90's
it's in color
made in the USA
Genre Horror/scary

Thank you for your very grateful help

oh, you said TENTACLES. I totally misread that. I thought you were looking for a movie about an old lady who goes around and . . . umm . . . never mind.

oh, you said TENTACLES. I totally misread that. I thought you were looking for a movie about an old lady who goes around and . . . umm . . . never mind.
Which movie would that be anywayì? I don't want to leave anything to chance...
thx

Yeah, you’re not alone. Our Freudian minds...

In the Mouth of Madness. John Carpenter movie from 1994.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
In the Mouth of Madness. John Carpenter movie from 1994.
@barracuda278

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The old lady is based on Howard P. Lovecraft's stories. The Color Out of Space is a 2019 movie based on a Lovecraft story starring Nichols Cage.

A system of cells interlinked
The old lady is based on Howard P. Lovecraft's stories. The Color Out of Space is a 2019 movie based on a Lovecraft story starring Nichols Cage.
I have seen this several times, and this scene is not from Color Out of Space.

I didn't say that it was. I previously commented that it was "In the Mouth of Madness" A John Carpenter movie from 1994.

A system of cells interlinked
I didn't say that it was. I previously commented that it was "In the Mouth of Madness" A John Carpenter movie from 1994.
OK...so why mention the old lady, which is a detail of the OP's question, after which immediately naming Color Out of Space, in a thread asking to identify a movie?

I am sure you understand why someone would assume you were talking about the subject of the thread, yes?

I like both films quite a bit, btw!

I was giving Lovecraft some love. To some he is well known. To others not so much.