Mouse abused, cat thrown from window - 1980s thriller

Tools    

With my first obscure and lost movie title recovered in just 24 hours (thanks, akatemple), I will push my luck a second time. The next movie that I'm looking for is an American thriller that was available as a video rental some time in the period between 1985 and 1988.

Near the start of the movie - if not in the intro itself - you see a white lab mouse being stabbed with an acupuncture/hypodermic needle in a bizarre experiment or sadistic act. Next, even more horrifically, a cat that shows interest in the lab mouse is hurled from a window and impaled onto on a metal fence below. This isn't your standard Tom & Jerry episode.

At this point, I'm pretty sure my parents barred me from watching more so I can't explain why I know this: Later on there is a scene where a young man is handcuffed to a car door and he or someone else gets shot in the head in graphic manner.

And that's it. Maybe these terrible vignettes will jog the memory of someone out there.

Thanks,
/Neyles

A system of cells interlinked

Not even close!