Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Tools    

Star Wars News: Along with Rogue One and Han Solo... there's been buzz about the third anthology movie.
Many suspected it would be based on Boba Fett, but news out it will be about Obi Wan Kenobi.
Award winning Director Stephen Daldry CBE, is in talks to direct.
Daldry is responsible for numerous West End and Broadway productions, and award winning films such as "Billy Elliot", "The Hours" and "The Reader".
... One thing concerning fans though, is casting.
Ewan McGregor hasn't actually been contacted yet... but, given the fact he's aged since episode 3, and that the film will be based between episodes 3 and 4 (like Rogue One was), fans (including me) are hoping McGregor will be cast.
McGregor has also said in the past that a Kenobi movie would be a decent idea, and that he would love to return to the role.
Here's hoping.

This might just do nobody any good.
Daldry's a weird pick to direct. I'm kind of expecting this to be the most Kurosawa-esque Stars Wars since, well, Star Wars, so I was hoping for someone with a better handle on action storytelling.

Though I suppose I should also be expecting a second director for the inevitable common-yet-dramatic re-shoots.

I guess it's time to put my vague hopes of Gareth Evans essentially remaking The Raid in a 1313 adaptation to bed.

At least we know Ewan will be committed as hell.

Uggggh. Look guys, the reason why Boba Fett is considered by many fans to be one of the best characters in Star Wars; is because he's so mysterious. If they make a movie about him ('origin story' or not), It kinda ruins all of that. The Obi-Wan Spinoff makes just as much sense. Between Episodes 3 and 4, Kenobi always lived a boring lonely life on Tatooine like a hermit. It was not only to look after Luke, but It was also his self-imposed sentence for his failure to train Anakin. How Exciting. So making a spinoff about that, would be rather terrible. Also, I can't wait until they make a Pointless Yoda Prequel/Spin-off. In the end, I suppose what I, and others think doesn't matter when Disney is in charge... $$$
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I agree with the thoughts that a Robert Foot movie could destroy the mystery and intrigue. Then again, I realize that my affinity is based on a great costume and slow, deliberate head movements. I don't need any story, just a guy flying around shooting stuff.

For the Obi-Wan Spinoff; I bet they'll attempt to throw in a ridiculous plot that doesn't really fit the timeline, loads of 'exciting' action sequences, and about 10 different lightsaber battles with a Returning Darth Maul. And then have it pick up IMMEDIATELY where Ep.4 started. Then Studio A** Kissing "Nerds" like WhatCulture and Collider will call it brilliant because it "Complements the Original Trilogy," much like they did with 'Rogue One.' WHAT A HIT! *Hyperbole from Moronic Fans is already intensifying*

Ewan McGregor is awesome as Obi-Wan. Probably my favorite thing about the prequel.

Heh!
I've aged McGregor and combined him with a Guinness' screenshot to look closer to the Ep4 Kenobi.

Boldly going.
I wonder how they'd get around the fact that his name is Ben Kenobi - after all, wouldn't he still be wanted by the Empire? Perhaps he assumed the identity of a deceased uncle by the name of Ben? Perhaps he dyes his hair white, to make himself look older?

The only way they could make it work is If he left Tattooine for a portion of the film.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Let's be honest, changing his first name to Ben while keeping his last name and still wearing Jedi robes the whole time wasn't the greatest disguise in the world ever.

Well I just want to hear in a live action movie Maul scream in Sam Witwers voice Kenobi!!!! It brings chills down your spine kind of moment I think. Weither they are on the same planet cause you can edit Maul trying to find Kenobi but he is always foiled by Vader looking in the same Places or the empire. Sure Kenobi can have his side adventure but Maul and Vader have to meet since we know how Maul and Kenobi meet and Vader cant meet Kenobi till on the Death Star.