Pirates of the Carribean: Jack Sparrow is Will Turners Father

Tools    

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that Jack Sparrow(Johnny Depp) is Will Turner's(Orlando Bloom's) father. In the final action sequence Jack Sparrow puts the medallion in his own hand and slices his hand with his sword before throwing the medallion up to Turner(happens REALLY quickly). Then TWO coins with blood on them fall into the chest. Anyone else share this thought?

Ummmmm, no.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A novel adaptation.
Jack cut his hand because he had become a part-owner of the gold when he stole some of it, so in order to make everyone human again his blood would be needed along with Orlando Bloom's.
So... yeah. No.

If I remember right, one of the pirates told what happened to Boot Strap Bill (I think that was his name) So, no, I never even thought about Sparrow being Turner’s father…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Enemies are so stimulating.
maybe he sneezed and missed the part where it is explained. hell thats happened to me before. (i dont think it has but im just trying to think of a reason behind the obvious madness)
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Nope.

I also agree that jack sparrow is definately not will turners father, but i have a problem of my own...

if all of the pirates on the black pearl at the time of the stealing of cortez's gold, fell under the curse and boot strap bill(wills father) sent him the gold piece, wouldnt that mean that boot strap bill was cursed also? all the other pirates sank him to the bottom of the ocean right? so wouldnt that mean that he was sitting at the bottom of the ocean, alive? not that it matters much but still just a question i have yet to figure out.

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by marlowe203
I also agree that jack sparrow is definately not will turners father, but i have a problem of my own...

if all of the pirates on the black pearl at the time of the stealing of cortez's gold, fell under the curse and boot strap bill(wills father) sent him the gold piece, wouldnt that mean that boot strap bill was cursed also? all the other pirates sank him to the bottom of the ocean right? so wouldnt that mean that he was sitting at the bottom of the ocean, alive? not that it matters much but still just a question i have yet to figure out.

yeah i thought about that for a while and then i was like...ok...so that means that turner should have turned into one of those skelenton things. boot strape bill didnt get the gold from the actual place it resided did he? if he stole it from the other pirates after they had taken it he would be ok. he was on the island when they were in the cave taking the gold. i dont think he met them again till they were out of the cave. maybe im completely wrong.

ah... i c, it is possible that you are wrong but i still like and kind of agree with your theory so until i am proven otherwise i think thats a good guess

Hm... yes you must have missed a key scene there. Jack Sparrow takes a coin and thus is cursed, so he has to give his blood in aswell. Funny though, a few people have come to the same assumption about jack being will's father. Bootstrap was sent to his the bottom of the ocean though tied to a cannon and is either still alive or was killed by the "crushing black depths", pressure and all that. Another twist could be that he escaped and they got the blood from Will, possibly leaving it open for the sequel? So it could have gone either way. Plus Jack and Bootstrap served on the same ship and were clearly distinguished as two seperate characters.

Originally Posted by marlowe203
ah... i c, it is possible that you are wrong but i still like and kind of agree with your theory so until i am proven otherwise i think thats a good guess
i was thinking ,that everyone who were holding the piece of treasure in hand, had a curse,so Will and Elizabeth were actually immortal too, while they had it, but they didnt know coz noone tryed to kill them,Jack got the curse right after he took the coin, So when Bootstrap bill sent the coin to his son he got rid of the curse and then he was sunk with cannons.
the monkey gets the curse too in the end, just by taking the coin

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
As I understand it:

Bootstrap Bill, unless he freed himself from the cannon, "lived" in some sort of watery hell until the curse was removed by his son who carried the coin put his blood (and by extention, Bill's) in the chest with the coin. We won't be meeting Bill since the curse is lifted UNLESS he was out of the water by then. If so (yes, this could be the next movie) then Bill turned human when the others did and is walking about.

Both Bloom and his girlfriend weren't affected by the curse because they didn't TAKE a coin from the chest. Which is why Jack TOOK a coin. If only HOLDing the coin would make you cursed then Jack wouldn't have needed to take another coin and then add his blood also to remove the curse.

Wouldn't it have been a bummer deal to be fighting off crabs and fishes trying to saw through a chain and then suddenly drown?

Originally Posted by AuraBoyX
I was wondering if anyone else thinks that Jack Sparrow(Johnny Depp) is Will Turner's(Orlando Bloom's) father. In the final action sequence Jack Sparrow puts the medallion in his own hand and slices his hand with his sword before throwing the medallion up to Turner(happens REALLY quickly). Then TWO coins with blood on them fall into the chest. Anyone else share this thought?
In the movie they even said "you look exactly like boot strap bill" or summit like that. He is most defiantly Boot Strap Bill's Kin

Dream Catcher 9/10
Boat Trip 6/10
Fast and the Furious: 2 Fast 2 Furious 7/10
School Of Rock 8/10
Daddy Day Care 5/10

the age difference is not enough to make them father & son, besides, the other pirates would have recognized him if he were really bootstrap will. but the thing about 2 coins stained w/ blood means sumthin, at one point in the movie they sad will turner only has half of his father's blood, so sumone else must have the other half. i think they're brothers, cause he deffiently cut his hand 4 a reason. and when will saves jack @ the end of themovie and they fight the soliders, notice how the move and fight exactly alike? this probably means either of 2 things: a)such good friends they think and fight alike or b)it's genetic, they don't even know it but they act the same.... n'ywayz, tell me what u think

I dont think it is possible that he is Will's father for one thing the pirates in the movie aready said that they had killed bootstrap and another thing is that they also said that Will looked just like his father when Jack does not look anything like him!
As for the coins both bloods went in it which could really mean nothering.So no I dout it if they are related that and if they were to me it would be very stupid.
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
All this talk about father and son makes me think about another movie. Does anyone else think that Darth Vader could possibly be Luke Skywalker's father? Think about it.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Okay...it's really not that difficult. The film's intelligence level was aimed at junior high viewers and up. Everyone seems to understand that Jack is not Will's father, but there seems to be some confusion regarding the curse, the two coins, and the fate of Bootstrap Bill.

The pirates are cursed for taking the coins out of the chest, including Bootstrap Bill. Bootstrap Bill sent a coin to his son, Will. Will is not cursed. Elizabeth, who takes the coin from Will is not cursed either, and neither were any of the people whom the pirates had to retrieve coins from before finding the one remaining coin. Jack Sparrow becomes cursed when he takes a second coin. His blood and Bootstrap Bill's blood need to accompany the two remaining coins. When Jack throws Will the coin after cutting his hand, Will has both coins and the needed blood of both.

There are two possibilties for the fate of Bootstrap Bill: 1) He remained alive at the bottom of the sea until the curse was removed and he drowned. 2) He escaped from the bottom of the sea long ago, and now the curse has been lifted.

The monkey became cursed AGAIN after the credits.

I have a question of my own. I've been debating with one of my friends about in the final scene were jack falls of the ledge into the water before he finished his sentence. I say that he fell on purpose at that moment and it was to add some comedy into the film and also because he had said it earlier in the film and got caught. but my friend says that he didnt mean to fall at that time. what does everyone else say?