Music Documentaries

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Anyone here like music documentaries? I've watched a few lately and have really enjoyed them.

Score! A Film Music Documentary - this one tackles film music scores and interviews with film composers such as Hans Zimmer, Junkie XL, Bear McCready, and others.

The Man in the Camo Jacket - this documentary focuses on Mike Peters, the lead singer of The Alarm. Aside from playing with the band, Peters is a 3-time cancer survivor who found his own charity, Love Hope Strength, which involves going on mountain treks with fans and community members and The Alarm plays on the summit. I got to talk to Mike himself and he is a great man and inspiration.

There's a new one coming next week called Who the F**k is That Guy? which is the story of Michael Alago, who was a former A&R executive at Elektra Records and Geffen Records in the 80s and early 90s. Alago was responsible for bringing Metallica to Elektra, and had discovered Cyndi Lauper, Metal Church, and White Zombie. He also helped Nina Simone with one of her final recordings. He is a true music lover who got his start going to Max's Kansas City and CBGB's and a chance at 19 led him to become a booker at the old Ritz theater in NYC before his prolific A&R career.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not my style of music but I found this fascinating

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478209/

Has anyone seen Madonna: Truth or Dare? I'm not a fan of her, but it's an interesting and very personal documentary. If you can't stand her, it's not for you. Otherwise I think you can still find it on youtube, not sure though.

Has anyone seen Madonna: Truth or Dare? I'm not a fan of her, but it's an interesting and very personal documentary. If you can't stand her, it's not for you. Otherwise I think you can still find it on youtube, not sure though.
Is that the one where she snubs Warren Beatty and deep throats a bottle of water?

Last one I saw was

Utterly tragic.

Looking forward to the Freddie Mercury biopic.

Last one I saw was

Utterly tragic.
I really like that one dani. One of my favorites actually. You should also see Amy Winehouse: One Shining Night. It talks more about her jazz influences.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sh...ight/0/3398468

I really like that one dani. One of my favorites actually. You should also see Amy Winehouse: One Shining Night. It talks more about her jazz influences.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sh...ight/0/3398468
My brother's partner put me onto Amy. They stumbled upon her by accident never really knowing anything about her or her music. We almost cried just talking about it. Such a sad soul, with the voice of an angel.

Will check out One Shining Night. Thanks D

Is that the one where she snubs Warren Beatty and deep throats a bottle of water?
That's the one, seems like I'm not the only one who saw it

Amy was a legend, so sad that she passed away that young.

That's the one, seems like I'm not the only one who saw it
Not a huge fan of Madonna but I enjoyed that.

Classic Albums is a great series.... I don't think this clip is it, but it has a few clips from it...

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

This is a good one, Making of Aja is another I've enjoyed.

For a proper film documentary I recommend Calle 54.

Love this documentary.

Amy was a legend, so sad that she passed away that young.
Sure was. Loved the documentary. Amazing how she changed.