Audie Murphy

Tools    

Was he a good actor? Did he ever get the credit deserved as an actor?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I hadnt heard of him so looked him up. Wow. Interesting guy but sad outcome.

I've seen Audie Murphy a couple times. My favorite is the western drama Night Passage (1957), it's a good film and Audie has a good role in it. James Stewart is pretty good in it too!

My short review of Night Passage

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is a weird coincidence. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about Audie Murphy before today, and I just bought the DVD of his movie The Red Badge of Courage (1951) at a garage sale this weekend.

I don't actually wear pants.
Well, he was an amazing soldier, but he wasn't an actor. I liked him as himself, but I haven't actually seen anything else with him, save Red Badge of Courage, which is good, but To Hell and Back is better. Shame he died when he was 46. Too young.

The man was arguably the finest infantryman to serve in the US Army. The man was an unquestionable killing machine with scores of confirmed kills, medals galore, and the recipient of the Medal of Honor.

I have seen To Hell and Back. It is a good movie. There are worse actors. But many more are better. Then again most people admire Audie for his ability for leaving dead Nazis on the battlefield more then his ability to act.