2016: A Year In Film

Tools    

I need something to distract myself from smoking cigarettes as I'm quitting. But here will be various categories and picks for my favorite in each. Just something personal to pass the time.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: I've decided I will not be choosing just one favorite, save for a few, as it's really hard for me to make the decision sometimes when all the choices are so good. Thank you.

Assassination Nation- (3/4)
Mandy- (3.5/4)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Good luck quitting the choofs. I Look forward to this thread.

Favorite Lead Performances- Actress
Rebecca Hall in Christine

Jessica Chastain in Miss Sloane

Amy Adams in Nocturnal Animals

Isabelle Huppert in Elle

Sandra Huller in Toni Erdmann

Anya Taylor-Joy in The Witch

Krisha Fairchild in Krisha

*forgot Chastain*

Good luck quitting the choofs. I Look forward to this thread.
Thanks for the encouragement!

I've tried before but always relapsed. I'm at 35 hours and 21 minutes since my last cig. It's actually not TOO bad. Plus my mom is also quitting with me, so not having her smoke near me is helping me as well. I am feeling a little bit like I'm catching a cold or something, and I keep getting shooting pains and headache. But I'd rather deal with that than lung cancer, heart disease, stroke, etc.

Thinking of reading Alan Carr's Easy Guide To Stop Smoking. or whatever it's called.

I remember someone telling me to drink capsicum juice when quitting. Very high in vitamin c which the nicotine prevents you from processing. And prepping fruit and veg for your juicer will give you something to do with your hands.

Dayum now I feel like veg juice.

I dont know who Krisha Firchild is. Going to look her up.

I remember someone telling me to drink capsicum juice when quitting. Very high in vitamin c which the nicotine prevents you from processing. And prepping fruit and veg for your juicer will give you something to do with your hands.

This was her first role, I believe she is a real family member of the cast as the director used mostly his own family members. I don't think she has any credits before this one, but she's like the second coming of Gena Rowlands in Krisha.

I get paid on thursday so i'll check it out. Don't have a juicer though.

She has a fascinating face.

Thanks. On the list.

The Jungle Book

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Passengers

A Monster Calls

This might just do nobody any good.
Getting ahead of the list but the mixture of imagery and soundtrack in that sequence from The Handmaiden took me aback.

I feel like I ought to give Nocturnal Animals a second shot. I think I preferred Adams' performance in Arrival.

Getting ahead of the list but the mixture of imagery and soundtrack in that sequence from The Handmaiden took me aback.

I feel like I ought to give Nocturnal Animals a second shot. I think I preferred Adams' performance in Arrival.
I might as well have tied her performances in NA and Arrival, as she shows great range in both. But she portrays such deep seated guilt, regret, to ice cold bitterness, and makes us somehow not despise her despite her actions in Nocturnal Animals that it is absolutely fascinating to watch. Comparing her scenes with her mother and Jake G. in her past, to the shell of a woman she becomes in the present is just amazing.