Whats with Demolition Man?

Tools    

Hi

I remember watching Demolition Man as a teenager, oh those happy days, and recently I went back to reminisce the good old days of excessive mussel violence. But when watching it on my NowTV box a particular part of the film had changed. Instead of TacoBell winning the franchise wars it has changed to Pizza Hut. I ask why did they feel the need to change it?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You must have seen the UK version of the film - they changed it because they didn't have Taco Bells.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
yeah, here it shown the Pizza Hut version as well. We also don't have Taco Bell.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I love how there are different versions of bizarre things like this in films.

Suspect's Reviews

Hi

I remember watching Demolition Man as a teenager, oh those happy days, and recently I went back to reminisce the good old days of excessive mussel violence. But when watching it on my NowTV box a particular part of the film had changed. Instead of TacoBell winning the franchise wars it has changed to Pizza Hut. I ask why did they feel the need to change it?
As a lover of this film, I must now see this "Pizza Hut Cut" that I never knew existed...why? Because I'm a nerd.

probably one of the great action movie satires of the 90s

Wait... what?

I got the movie on DVD, live in the UK... and it says Taco Bell.
I watched it on VHS when it was new as well, it's always been Taco Bell.
i just saw it on stream online, and it is pizza hut.

Weird... I a Brit and I've always known the film as Taco Bell.
I never even knew about the Pizza Hut swap until seeing this thread an hour ago.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yea I had no idea about this either, was always Taco Bell.

The other day I was watching end of Return of the Jedi on TV and I didn't realise they changed the bit where Vader throws the Emperor down the chasm, Vader now says "No" twice, completely threw me and spoiled it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Another time the Matrix was on TV and the part where Morpheus throws himself through the wall on top of Agent Smith they had a headbutt exchange that I had never seen before, really surprieses you when it happens in a film you've seen loads.

Really? They've dubbed in Vader speaking?
He never spoke in that scene... he just looks at the Emperor, then at Luke, then at the Emperor again and then just picks him up and chucks him over the edge.

Star Wars though are always being edited and changed, even now after Lucas has gone, they're still being messed with.

My brother bought the "restored" DVDs that were released a few years ago... and they're not restored. They still have edits on them.
We ran them next to old VHS copies that are original, and the "restored" DVDs are totally different movies.

The one scene that made me realise with Star Wars, was with Aunt Beru's dialogue.
"Owen he can't stay here, most of his friends have gone"

The original movie, she puts the emphasis on the word "Gone"... but for some reason all of her dialogue was dubbed over in all other cuts and she just says the line as matter of fact with no emphasis on any of the words... and in the restored DVD, they kept the dubbed dialogue.
Her line of "Luke? Luuuke! Tell Uncle..." (emphasis on the second Luke) was dubbed over as "Luke? Luke? Tell your Uncle..." with "your" added to the line and no emphasis on the second "Luke".
In the restored DVD, the dialogue was the dubbed version still.

The restored DVD also still had Han firing first and had some clearly CGI X-Wing sequences and still even had the ring of fire when the Death Star explodes.

Another time the Matrix was on TV and the part where Morpheus throws himself through the wall on top of Agent Smith they had a headbutt exchange that I had never seen before, really surprieses you when it happens in a film you've seen loads.
Same happened to me with the Matrix, it sparked a discussion at work about it as it was on TV there at the time

Worse was with Footloose, I was in a bar and it was on a wide screen behind where they were serving, the fight scene was extended where Bacon and Penn REALLY kick the crap out of Chuck's gang, staff are trying to take my order and I can't take my eyes off the screen as my brain is in shock as if I'm in some backwards universe