Alien on trial

Tools    

American movie 90s

Aliens came to Earth, speak English and got green cards. One is accused of killing a human, the alien ambassador says on tv that it's sad, and a fellow alien is appointed juror to make it look right. The defense says it's legitimate defense: the victim tried to kill the alien. The jurors debate, everybody says "innocent", but the alien juror, the last to speak, says "guilty", and everybody wows. He explains: "If I understand well your legal system, in order to claim legitimate defense, the alien's life must be in danger..." - "yes, but the human threaten the accused with a weapon" - "I know but, you see, humans simply can't kill us. This is not something we are proud of, and therefore we don't advertise it, but human weapons can't harm us."

The aliens are obviously humanoids, they just move in a silly way.

There's no way on earth it's Mars Attacks.

Zak, why are you going thread to thread posting random movies in question threads when it's totally obvious it's not the movies you're mentioning?
You said an 80s TV movie, which includes a guy getting hit by a truck, could be Empire Strikes Back.

No, not that one

You said an 80s TV movie, which includes a guy getting hit by a truck, could be Empire Strikes Back.
Yeah, jesus . It's Return of the Jedi and it's an Ewok that gets hit by a speedboat.

Yeah, jesus . It's Return of the Jedi and it's an Ewok that gets hit by a speedboat.
Thought that was a hoverboard???

Galarth: Your synopsis sounds vaguely familiar. I would suggest looking for a science fiction forum where you can ask "What story was this?" sort of questions -- the story may first have appeared in print and then adapted for the screen. If you identify your movie, post the answer here, S.V.P.