Movies that seem to only scare you

Tools    

I'm not a big horror guy, not because I'm scared, more because I'm not. The horror genre has gotten really REALLY lazy. ANYWAY more to the point. Sometimes I watch a movie, I don't expect it to scare me at all, then I have to turn it off. My example is Sunshine. A lot of people don't even notice the flashing grinning faces of all the dead crew that pop up while they search the dead crews ship. I was so terrified by it I turned off the film and stayed up all night and watched the rest of the movie at dawn because no way was I watching that in the pitch black. While I waited for dawn I mostly researched it out of curiosity. What are some other movies that may have terrified you lovely folks but nobody else?
You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. -Emmet, The Lego Movie.

Sunshine didn't spook me, it intrigued me. I wrote a review a couple weeks ago too.

Agree with the original War Of The Worlds though, not the whole film though, just one scene: Still to this day, the scene where you see the Martian outside the window freaks me out.
I saw it first when I was about 3 or 4 years old... 30 years later and I still close one eye when that scene starts.

One movie, Arachnophobia. I mentioned this in the Shoutbox the other day.
The movie doesn't scare me, nor do spiders, none of the scenes make me squeal and I don't get spooked at all by it.

However, ever since I watched the film 20 something years ago, I check around the toilet before I sit down.

first film that scared me was the exorcist, the entity is another one also, a classic from 1981, among other films, when i saw insidious, man this film is really disturbing.

One movie, Arachnophobia. I mentioned this in the Shoutbox the other day.
The movie doesn't scare me, nor do spiders, none of the scenes make me squeal and I don't get spooked at all by it.

However, ever since I watched the film 20 something years ago, I check around the toilet before I sit down.
I wouldn't say Arachnaphobia scared me, but I definitely found it repellent...not a big spider fan. One movie that did scare the hell out of me the first time I saw it was Hitchcock's The Birds...I still get a little nervous when I see three or more birds gathered together.

The Exorcist I saw this at 13-years-old when the movie was one-year old and it didn't bother me. Don't know why. However, when I was about 18-years-old and house-sitting one night for my parents, all alone in the house, the movie came on network television for the first time, edited to pieces naturally and it really bothered me. I wasn't scared watching it but afterwards, in the empty house, all alone, I began to think of the implications of the movie, ala losing one's soul or even being the one having to do the exorcising, and I was unnerved greatly. Every little creak from the house or car going by outside made me jumpy. So, it definitely freaked me out and my parents wondered why I had all the house lights on when they got home. I'll watch pretty much anything but I will not watch that movie again.

Have you ever seen The 1939 Wizard of Oz ? That`s what I call a scary movie! The make up is really terrifying.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
I can agree to that, there is something damn devilish in this stuff