My 150 list.

Tools    

Hello All,

Was working on my favorite movie list of time on IMDB. So just wanted to share with you guys.

http://www.imdb.com/list/5RKq766VQ_4/

Absolutely quality list, full of great films I won't comment on it individually because I think every film that I have seen on there I think is at least 'good', and most are 'great' A lot of them would be on my own list.

Finding films is one thing. Finding a place for them is another!

Thanks Daniel.

Great list! From all the films I've seen from your list, I didn't really dislike one and a few are also among my absolute favorites.
It's a pretty conservative list and I also have a more or less conservative taste.

What a fantastic list. I've seen most of the movies on it and it has piqued my interest in some that I haven't. Glad to see Lock Stock included.

Very nice to see Satyajit Ray on the list. He is very quickly become one of my favorite directors.
Well he is a legend!

Great list, although I'm surprised to see Batman Begins above Dark Knight and so high on the list, along with Dark Knight Rises.

As i said, i have clubbed all sequels and trilogies which are great together. Mostly in order of release.

Great list, although I'm surprised to see Batman Begins above Dark Knight and so high on the list, along with Dark Knight Rises.
I personally thought Batman Begins was the strongest of the series. The ridiculousness of the jokers plans really took away from the film for me. Oh.. I'll just sneak 200 barrels of gasoline onto a boat with thousands of people and no one will notice

Gotham hospital is the priority to search for explosives.. but oh i'll rig up the entire hospital and not a single police dog will notice.

Ah well not the point of this thread.
I though the list was good, I've seen most of them but added a couple that I have not. Thanks

Added Taare Zameen Par since I really loved Aamir Khan in 3 idiots. Tried to add that movie about Apu but netflix doesn't have it available.

Oh and you must really, really like Oldboy.
It's number 89 and again at 91

Nice, the best movies are between 50 - 150: Tokyo Story, Stalker, Bicycle Thieves, Grave of the Fireflies, Dr. Strangelove, Solaris, 2001, Spirited Away, Ikiru.

The top 5 looks like it came from the top 5 of the top 250 from the site, though.

None of these movies I disliked but I found some a bit weak (Reservoir Dogs, Toy Story, the Batman movies). I have seem about 110 movies in this list.

I personally thought Batman Begins was the strongest of the series. The ridiculousness of the jokers plans really took away from the film for me. Oh.. I'll just sneak 200 barrels of gasoline onto a boat with thousands of people and no one will notice

Gotham hospital is the priority to search for explosives.. but oh i'll rig up the entire hospital and not a single police dog will notice.

Ah well not the point of this thread.
I though the list was good, I've seen most of them but added a couple that I have not. Thanks

Added Taare Zameen Par since I really loved Aamir Khan in 3 idiots. Tried to add that movie about Apu but netflix doesn't have it available.

Oh and you must really, really like Oldboy.
It's number 89 and again at 91
Apu's movies are available on Youtube.

For me Batman Begins is my personal favorite, coz that lays the foundation for the future sequels.

Tare Zameen Par is just too good. I think its on netflix. Made me weepy the first few times, now i have gotten used to it.

If you added A Wednesday to the list to "To Watch", just keep in mind that all terror bombings in India happen on a Friday, would help in understanding the movie better.

My list has 151 movies i think... i thought of deleting the second Oldboy. but i guess i forgot.

I am not a huge Sci-Fi fan, so for me they would always be lower down the order. Just that Terminator and Aliens were just too well made.

Huge fan of drama, and those legal movies (war of words/mind). So they would always rule the roost for me.

Placing the movies in order is just too tough to do...

Thanks, I had added A wednesday!
My girlfriend is indian (although born in american) so she helps translate the cultural issue for me

If you haven't seen 3 idiots i'd suggest to check it out. It's got a really powerful and positive message, and leaves you feeling good.

i agree it's really tough to rank in order, I liked your list though.
Only a few things I wouldn't put on there.. I didn't enjoy I saw the devil. There wasn't enough backstory to the killer so it just came across as being a sadistic and sick experience to watch it for me.

Me being in India for more than 10 years, have connection to the movie industry. Although they churn out mostly crap all year round. Sometimes they do a good one. I have watched almost all bollywood movies. I watched 3 idiots in a theater in India. It has strong message. But some nonsensical comedy, just made the strong message weak. Better would be Lage Raho Munnabhai. Its better.

Me being in India for more than 10 years, have connection to the movie industry. Although they churn out mostly crap all year round. Sometimes they do a good one. I have watched almost all bollywood movies. I watched 3 idiots in a theater in India. It has strong message. But some nonsensical comedy, just made the strong message weak. Better would be Lage Raho Munnabhai. Its better.
It was a long movie without too serious of drama, so I appreciated the comedy to break it up. Of course most people here don't appreciated comedy much in general.

Speaking of comedy, I enjoyed Charlie Chaplins "The Kid"
more than Modern Times.

I'll check out Lage Raho Munnabhai though, since I seem to agree a lot with your list. Thanks for the recommendation.

I guess I cannot recommend any indian films to you!
Here are some of my favorites you might enjoy, which are not on your list:

The Kid (Charlie Chaplin Tramp)

Citizen Kane (Orson Welles first and greatest picture)

Giant (Best drama of family life I've ever seen, featuring James Dean)

Kurosawa's Dreams (Couple of short stories, some of which absolutely blew me away!)

Full Metal Jacket (Stanley Kubricks best work!)

The Man From Nowhere.. best action thriller I have seen in over 10 years.

Pretty good list. I've seen most of them but there were a few I never heard of that I'll have to check out.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!