Poltergeist: Curse or Coincidence

Tools    

Recently on E! Entertainment Network , their latest installment of E! True Hollywood Story was of Poltergeist .

After seeing it, I now have mixed thoughts of the whole Carol Anne situation and all. They say originally she was cursed yet on the show it was stated she already sick, and diagnosed with some strange disorder (I can't remember nor pronounce), that eventually made her intestine just burst.

I think it was hard for me comprehend as a skeptic (of some things I suppose) this situation all in all.

Did things happen on the set? I wasn't there....i don't believe it so, seeing is believing with me. Things happen everywhere and if something happens, doesn't mean it is caused by a CURSE . To be honest with you.

What do you think of the Poltergeist so called "curse"???

I didn’t see this on E but I think it is just all a string of coincidences myself. It seems like anytime someone in a movie like this dies, they start saying they were cursed and this happened on the set and that happened on the set… I’m sure some things did happen on the set but my question would be were they any different from things that happened on any other set?

The actress who played the older sister in the first movie was murdered by a jealous boyfriend and that has happened to more than one actress... or actor for that matter… were they cursed to? Carol Anne was wrongly diagnosed with Crohn’s disease (an intestinal inflammation) from what I remember before they started filming the last movie but she actually had an intestinal obstruction that caused toxins to spill into her blood sending her into cardiac arrest. They were able to resuscitate her but she still died because her system had been so poisoned… that sounds more like a malpractice suit to me than a curse and sadly, she wasn’t the only person in history misdiagnosed. And if I remember right, the other two actors who have also died, had both been diagnosed with terminal illnesses before they were even approached to work on the movies… so how could they have been cursed by something they hadn’t even been a part of yet…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Lets put a smile on that block
Yeah i agree. The Poltergiest trilogy is my idea of horror heaven (well not really the third but DEFINATLY the 1st and 2nd)
When a film like Poltergeist comes out, as its an absolout horror classic where some of the cast have died, over the years rumours will spread and speculations will begin. it always happens, happend with the Exorcist and a few others but i cant remember them right now. Carrol anne, or however you pronoiunce it, died half way throught the third film didnt she? thats why you dont see her face at all through the whole second half of the film. So sad, she was quite a good little actress.