Nicolas Cage to be in 14 upcoming movies in the next two years!!

Tools    

that's what she said...
Just came across this article on YAHOO news. Personally I am super excited to hear that Cage will be in so many upcoming movies as I really adore him... (Yes, I know many of you on here are not a Cage fan--but I am SO DEAL WITH IT!! ) Hopefully I put this thread in the right section!!

Nicolas Cage is in EVERYTHING

By Meriah Doty | Movie Talk – 3 hours ago

Nicolas Cage in 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' (Photo: Columbia Pictures)Sylvester Stallone has pronounced Nicolas Cage the next in a growing line of aging action stars to appear in his "Expendables" series. "The Expendables 3" to be exact.
(Yahoo! Movies reached out to Cage's publicist and agent to confirm his role in "The Expendables 3," but neither replied in time for the publication of this article.)
If that isn't enough to get you into a Cage rage-inspired tizzy, just know that the 48-year-old Oscar winner is in the midst of a full-on acting binge -- seemingly accepting every role that crosses his path, including sequels to well known Cage flicks "Kick-Ass" and "National Treasure."
Counting "Expendables," Cage is reported to be appearing in twelve films over the next two or so years. He is also rumored to be in two other upcoming films that have yet to start filming.
With so many projects in his wake and in the pipeline, one wonders if Cage now has a doppelganger to help him complete all the work. Sure, the Oscar-winning actor has the onscreen emotive power of five thespians -- maybe even ten -- but that doesn't mean he can be in two, even three places at once.

One theory behind Cage's addiction to over-acting -- in more ways than one, now! -- is money woes. The actor paid $6.25 million he owed the IRS earlier this year, cutting his total debt in taxes by about half. (Yes, it appears he still hasn't paid his remaining debt of more than $7 million.) Cage is also known for strange, Michael Jackson-like spending habits: He owns exotic pets, 15 homes (two of which he lost in foreclosure), a Caribbean island, a dinosaur skull -- which he reportedly won in a bidding war with Leonardo DiCaprio -- and dozens of cars.
Another theory: It's Nicolas flipping Cage. He can overbook himself if he wants to!
Here is the list of all 14 films Cage is currently attached to (most in which he stars):
"National Treasure 3" (confirmed, no release date yet)
"The Expendables 3" (according to Sly Stallone, no release date yet)
"I Am Wrath" (rumored, 2014)
"Left Behind" (confirmed, 2014)
"Tokarev" (rumored, 2013)
"Joe" (confirmed, 2013)
"Outcast" (confirmed, 2013)
"Wild Side" (confirmed, 2013)
"Marble City" (confirmed, 2012)
"Frank or Francis" (confirmed, no release date yet)
"Kick-Ass 2" (confirmed, 2013)
"The Croods" (confirmed & completed, 2013)
"The Frozen Ground" (confirmed & completed, 2013)
"Stolen" (opening in India this Friday)

I figured I'd list these all together and if folks come across the trailers for any of these in the near future we can post them here!! And discuss what we think and how we think they will be!!

I really hope I don't want to see any of those films.

I was going to mention Ex3, but you've done so here, so that's ok.

Just came across this article on YAHOO news. Personally I am super excited to hear that Cage will be in so many upcoming movies as I really adore him... (Yes, I know many of you on here are not a Cage fan--but I am SO DEAL WITH IT!! ) Hopefully I put this thread in the right section!!

Nicolas Cage is in EVERYTHING

By Meriah Doty | Movie Talk – 3 hours ago

Nicolas Cage in 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' (Photo: Columbia Pictures)Sylvester Stallone has pronounced Nicolas Cage the next in a growing line of aging action stars to appear in his "Expendables" series. "The Expendables 3" to be exact.
(Yahoo! Movies reached out to Cage's publicist and agent to confirm his role in "The Expendables 3," but neither replied in time for the publication of this article.)
If that isn't enough to get you into a Cage rage-inspired tizzy, just know that the 48-year-old Oscar winner is in the midst of a full-on acting binge -- seemingly accepting every role that crosses his path, including sequels to well known Cage flicks "Kick-Ass" and "National Treasure."
Counting "Expendables," Cage is reported to be appearing in twelve films over the next two or so years. He is also rumored to be in two other upcoming films that have yet to start filming.
With so many projects in his wake and in the pipeline, one wonders if Cage now has a doppelganger to help him complete all the work. Sure, the Oscar-winning actor has the onscreen emotive power of five thespians -- maybe even ten -- but that doesn't mean he can be in two, even three places at once.

One theory behind Cage's addiction to over-acting -- in more ways than one, now! -- is money woes. The actor paid $6.25 million he owed the IRS earlier this year, cutting his total debt in taxes by about half. (Yes, it appears he still hasn't paid his remaining debt of more than $7 million.) Cage is also known for strange, Michael Jackson-like spending habits: He owns exotic pets, 15 homes (two of which he lost in foreclosure), a Caribbean island, a dinosaur skull -- which he reportedly won in a bidding war with Leonardo DiCaprio -- and dozens of cars.
Another theory: It's Nicolas flipping Cage. He can overbook himself if he wants to!
Here is the list of all 14 films Cage is currently attached to (most in which he stars):
"National Treasure 3" (confirmed, no release date yet)
"The Expendables 3" (according to Sly Stallone, no release date yet)
"I Am Wrath" (rumored, 2014)
"Left Behind" (confirmed, 2014)
"Tokarev" (rumored, 2013)
"Joe" (confirmed, 2013)
"Outcast" (confirmed, 2013)
"Wild Side" (confirmed, 2013)
"Marble City" (confirmed, 2012)
"Frank or Francis" (confirmed, no release date yet)
"Kick-Ass 2" (confirmed, 2013)
"The Croods" (confirmed & completed, 2013)
"The Frozen Ground" (confirmed & completed, 2013)
"Stolen" (opening in India this Friday)

I figured I'd list these all together and if folks come across the trailers for any of these in the near future we can post them here!! And discuss what we think and how we think they will be!!
Just curious, what part of Cage do you admire: the robotic acting, the goofy roles, all those groovy houses that went into banruptcy, the fact that Cage always takes himself so seriously (even when others don't)?
Broke your heart? Sorry

that's what she said...
Just curious, what part of Cage do you admire: the robotic acting, the goofy roles, all those groovy houses that went into banruptcy, the fact that Cage always takes himself so seriously (even when others don't)?
Broke your heart? Sorry
1. Like I said in the OP: I know most of you guys arn't a fan of his... but I am. I do not think his acting is robotic at all. He can do a variety of acting such as being in a comedic role, horror role and drama role. Sure, I'll agree he isn't the most convincing in a romantic type role but the others I listed he is great in. And I think he does awesome as a father role! ex: Knowing, Kick Ass, Matchstick Men... Stolen I wasn't a fan of but the circumstances they made for the movie just made it not so heart felt if you know waht I mean.

2. Yes, I truely ADORE his goofy roles... like in Matchstick men when he has OCD and would twitch and blink all funny...

3. Him going into Bankruptcy is his own personal problem and has no effect at all on how I view his acting

4. I've heard he does take himself seriously, but one thing is for sure, HE LOVES HIS JOB. And thats better than a lot of us folk who hate waking up every morning just to pay the bills.

5. NO, you didnt break my heart.
Every one is entitled to their opinion.

that's what she said...
The Croods 2013

My guess is that this will be a pretty big hit with the kids. It is hard for me to give a guess on how Cages preformance will be on this one since it's animated but he's obviously the father and past experience wise I love Cage best when he's in the role of a father. lol.

I can see the draw that Cage has, but I don't get it.

He can't act and can kill a funny script dead in its tracks. He's also mad as a Hatter... he named his son Kal El for God's sake.

I can just imagine the meetings in pre-production.
Director: I'm not having him in my film.
Studio: But he's Francis Ford Coppola's Nephew.
Director: I don't care, he can't act and will destroy the credibility of my movie.
Studio: But he's Francis Ford Coppola's Nephew.
Director: He's awful!
Studio: But he's Francis Ford Coppola's Nephew!

that's what she said...
LOL Kal El is a little out there. But I'd rather my name be Kal El over Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee), Apple (Gwenth Paltrow), Blanket (Michael Jackson), or Audio Science (Shannyn Sossamon) hahaha....

I kinda find myself liking him more the more he does this kind of thing, actually. I have an affinity for famous people who appear to "get" the joke and play to it (think: William Shatner).

why so much hate towards him?I disliked the movie but he was good in Leaving Las Vegas.I haven't seen Adaptation but he got nominated so I think he does a decent job there,too.

that's what she said...
Obviously he's not "crap" if he already is signed up for 14 movies in the next 2 years. That is a lot! Also, if you look at him at wiki he's already be in 72 movies!!! A 'bad' actor wouldn't have that many movies under his belt. And what do you mean his previous 7 were crap? his last 7 movies were:

Stolen
Ghost Rider 2
Seeking Justice
Trespass
Drive Angry
Season of the Witch
The Sorcorers Apprentice

I agree that Stolen wasn't good but it wasn't because of him, the story was just poorly written, there was no real emotional feel to it... felt like it was trying to copy too many movie plots and throw it into one film that turned out bad... but like I said, that isn't Cage's fault. I havn't seek Seeking Justice or Drive Angry so I can't honestly say about that but like Stolen, I'm sure it's not Cage who ruined the movie. The Sourcerers Apprentice was okay... a kid movie, great for pre-teens and younger kids. Nothing wrong with it. And Trespass and Season of the Witch were both great films. I enjoyed both completely! Trespass was a great thriller that held you at the edge of your seat and he played his character to the fullest. Completely believable. I hope there is a sequal althogh I dont know where they could move on from there but the end left me wanting to know what would happen next. And Season of the Witch was a nice switch up from the other horror--not that it was really scary--movies that were out around that time. It seemed fresh and he was great in that role as well.

SO go ahead and think he sucks. Thats your opinion. But mine is that he's great and I think his resume of movies and future movies to come proves that he is great.

why so much hate towards him?I disliked the movie but he was good in Leaving Las Vegas.I haven't seen Adaptation but he got nominated so I think he does a decent job there,too.
That's kind of my attitude. He's proven he can be good, but in-between the good ones, why not just have fun and make movies? Don't hurt me none.

Ok Lundy you listed them yourself, here's the tomatometer for the

Stolen 14%
Ghost Rider 2 18%
Seeking Justice. 25%
Trespass 10%
Drive Angry 46%
Season of the Witch 10%
The Sorcorers Apprentice 41%

That's pretty crappy

Smells mystical, doesn't it?

Zombie Preparedness Expert
It's hard to take an actor seriously after he punches a girl while wearing a bear suit. Although I thought Drive Angry was decent. Out of the fourteen films, at least Kick-Ass 2 and The Croods look to be watchable.

that's what she said...
It's hard to take an actor seriously after he punches a girl while wearing a bear suit. Although I thought Drive Angry was decent. Out of the fourteen films, at least Kick-Ass 2 and The Croods look to be watchable.
Well that cuz you can't have an opinion whether the others "look" watchable or not becuase there isn't yet a trailer for them. The Croods is the only trailer I saw that's actually out unless you've come across others... if you did please post becasue I was unable to find them myself.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ghost Rider 2 was the first time I questioned Nic Cage's acting choices.

Suspect's Reviews

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Expendables 3 line-up is sounding pretty good so far, Steven Seagal, Wesley Snipes, and Nic Cage. All they need now is Michael Dudikoff and Christopher Lambert.