Girl, Interrupted

→ in
Tools    

I know it's a bit old, but thoughts?
Yet to see it, I was wondering if it was worth the time of day.

It's been a while since I saw it, but I liked it. As it stars Winona, Angelina and Brittnay and Clea Du Vall, I guess I was bound to. That said, they still managed to overpower the evil that is Satan. That's Whoopi Goldberg. Shhhh... Say it quietly, otherwise she becomes more powerful.

There is a thread somewhere, where I once explained all that. I'll see if I can find it again. She is though, there's no doubt about it. Evil incarnate, the devil herself, the Dark Lord... Satan.

I'd love to read the justification for that Not saying shes a bad person, I'm sure she's nice...wouldn't want to live with her though.

Girl, Interrupted is in my top 100... so yeah, I think it's worth watching...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yet to see it, I was wondering if it was worth the time of day.

Yes, give it some "time"

Okay, so aside from having a really nice cast and obviously good writers, I am officially going to see this movie. Thanks 7thsun. (May I ask where you got your name?)

I would also suggest you see the movie. It paints mental illness as something serious and gives you good insight into how most of the time the characters really can't help themselves. They are bound to revert to how they really are internally. Medicine just subsides it with other side effects. Good cast and good script.

If you like disturbed characters and like Angelina Jolie, I thought that GIA was pretty decent. You could check that out. It was before she gained alot of fame.

love Joliebeautiful angel

To be honest, I thought the book was much better. The movie was actually very different from the book - the setting and characters were all mostly the same, but the message and much of the plot were completely different. Kaysen's memoir doesn't have much of a plot, but she discusses many interesting theories concerning mental illness and shares little tales from when she was in a mental institution. The film had to change a lot of the story in order to put a strong plot together, and ended up not being as meaningful as the book - at least in my opinion. I didn't think the film was bad, but the book left much more of an impact.

But anyway, it's not a waste of time to see the movie - as a film, it is pretty good. If your interested, I highly suggest reading the book as well, for it really was fascinating. The movie doesn't get quite as deep as the memoir.

To be honest, I thought the book was much better. The movie was actually very different from the book -
This is something I've heard many times from people who saw the film because they'd read/loved the book.

^I've heard it from a lot of people as well. I don't think the film was that bad, though. I just prefer the book.

This one is good in my opinion. Worth seeing!!