Joss Whedon's The Cabin in the Woods

Tools    

Joss Whedon (Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Drew Goddard (Lost, Cloverfield) are bringing us a new horror movie entitled The Cabin in the Woods. Three brand new teaser posters have been released and you can see them below.

The cast includes Bradley Whitford (The West Wing, Billy Madison) and Richard Jenkins (The Visitor), Chris Hemsworth (Star Trek, Thor), Kristen Connolly (Revolutionary Road), Anna Hutchison (Underbelly), Fran Kranz (Dollhouse) and Jesse Williams (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2).

The films storyline provides a new twist on a classic scenario -- in this case the young-people-stranded-in-the-woods horror trope. Jenkins and Whitford will play white-collar co-workers with a mysterious connection to the cabin.

The Cabin in the Woods is scheduled to hit theaters February 5, 2010.

I cant say that im a fan of horror, but Joss Whedon does have some pretty amazing tv series so who noes what he came up for this movie, ill hold my desision to see it or not untill i see a trailer, but considering the funny movie posters and that im a huge firefly fan thats a big +1

Thx for the movie info.

Love Whedon's style and humor can't wait to see what he does with this seemingly fun horror flick

Whedon's Cabin in the Woods Pushed Back...and Going 3-D!

MGM Studios has decided to push Joss Whedon's anticipated horror flick The Cabin in the Woods, directed and co-written by Cloverfield's Drew Goddard, back nearly a year, from its original release date of February 5, 2010 to the new date of January 14, 2011.

MGM reps tell ShockTillYouDrop.com the reason they're doing this is because the early response to the film has been phenomenal and they're going to spend six months or so converting the picture to 3-D.

There is nothing else scheduled for that 2011 date, which is the four-day weekend to celebrate the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr, although the fourth "Underworld" movie is currently scheduled to open one week later.

Source: Shock Till You Drop

MGM reps tell ShockTillYouDrop.com the reason they're doing this is because the early response to the film has been phenomenal and they're going to spend six months or so converting the picture to 3-D.
Oh great! The film's so good we're going to **** it up. Man I'm bored to death of hearing about 3-D, but I'm going to have to get used to it, I guess. *sigh*

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I like some 3D, like the movie that doesn't go for the cheap tricks, and the 3d being it's only selling point, like Bolt or Toy Story

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to this, anything by Joss Wheldon gets two thumbs up from me

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Here is the TRAILER

Halfway through I was like....WTF?!?!?!

In a good way.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I'm not sure if revealing the big twist in the trailer was such a good idea, but now I'm definitely going to try to see this in theatres.

Movie Forums Insomniac
New trailer.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I'm intrigued with the new trailer. I like the sci-fi element, doesn't seem like it will be a typical teens-stranded-in-the-woods romp.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The sci/fi element is what is setting it apart from the "Cabin Fevers" of the industry. IMO, they had to show it in the trailer if they wanted to get any interest in "non Joss Whedon fans"

I really hope this is a decent scary movie. There hasn't been any in what seems like forever. Anyone else going to see it?