Natasha Richardson has passed away.

Tools    

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Natasha RIchardson, Actress and wife of Liam Neeson has died after a skiing accident.

Just saw it on the news. Article link here.

RIP Natasha.

Actress Natasha Richardson has died. She was only forty-five. As most have probably heard, she was involved in a skiing accident a couple days ago. There were conflicting reports about her condition, but the worst has been confirmed. She died as a result of head injuries sustained in that accident in the mountains near Montreal, Canada.

Natasha was part of the legendary Redgrave acting clan. She was the daughter of Oscar-winning actress Vanessa Redgrave and Oscar-winning director Tony Richardson and her sister is actress Joely Richardson. Her aunt is Oscar-nominated actress Lynn Redgrave, her grandparents were Michael Redgrave and Rachel Kempson. Natasha's first husband was producer Robert Fox, brother to the actors Edward and James Fox. And of course Natasha's second and current husband was Liam Neeson, who she married in 1994 after meeting him on the set of the 1993 Broadway revival of Anna Christie (her Broadway debut) and co-starring with him in Nell (1994) the next year.

She began her career on the London stage and in 1986 at the age of twenty-three won the prestigious Most Promising Newcomer Award from the London Drama Critics for her work in a revival of The Seagull co-starring her mother and Jonathan Pryce. She moved almost immediately to the big screen starring as Mary Shelley in Ken Russell's Gothic (1986) with Gabriel Byrne and Julian Sands. It didn't take long before she was working in America in Paul Schrader's Patty Hearst (1988), Roland Joffé A-Bomb ensemble drama Fat Man & Little Boy (1989) and then as the star of Volker Schlöndorff's adaptation of Margaret Atwood's Sci-Fi parable The Handmaid's Tale (1990). She worked with Schrader again in his adaptation of Ian McEwan's The Comfort of Strangers (1990), then a BBC production of Tennessee Williams' Suddenly, Last Summer (1993) and another TV project playing off of Timothy Hutton's F. Scott Fitzgerald in Zelda (1993). She was rather brilliant playing against Mia Farrow and Joan Plowright in the dark period comedy Widow's Peak 1994)

After Nell and falling in love and marrying Neeson they had two children, boys Michael and Daniel who were born in 1995 and 1996. When she went back to work in 1998 it was for the fluffy re-make of The Parent Trap with Dennis Quaid and the rising pre-teen star Lindsay Lohan. She worked steadily in this new century, though the mainstream Hollywood fare such as Waking Up in Reno (2002) and Maid in Manhattan (2002) were forgettable and the art house fare such as The White Countess (2005) and Evening (2007) not much better. The British thriller Asylum (2005) with Ian McKellen was probably her best movie since Nell, and it did get her a nomination as Best Actress at the British Independent Film Awards.

She worked on the stage in America as well as London, winning the Tony Award for Best Actress for playing Sally Bowles in the Sam Mendes-directed Broadway revival of Cabaret in 1998.

She was a radiant member of a family of acting legends and leaves us far too soon.

R.I.P., Natasha

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I was shocked, really. I thought she might have just had a minor injury and then I read today that she was brain dead and then the next minute, I read that she had died.

Sad news.

I've only seen her in The Parent Trap, but she was easily the most likable in that movie.

R.I.P.

Such a sad outcome to what was apparently just a fun trip for her and her sons.... my heart goes out to her family and friends...

Rest in Peace...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Truly sad to hear that this happened. R.I.P. Natasha..
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This is very sad news indeed our thoughts go out to the family at this terrible time, R.I.P