Drillbit Taylor

Tools    

In this movie when the boys being picked on are in the principles office they are told that the bully is an emancipated minor. Later in the movie when Drillbit refuses to fight back with the bully, he says that he can't fight with a minor. He , Drillbit, is told that the bully is an adult and not a minor. So what gives here, first they say in the movie that he is a minor and then later they say that he is an adult ?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Emancipation means that he is legally an adult and away from his parents.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This movie was a mess, it's cruel, unfunny, almost disturbingly violent, and I can't imagine anyone finding it fun to watch. That said, the film was a "frankenstein"ing of several different drafts, the earliest of which was in the 1980's, so really, there are tons continuity problems with it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
"This movie was a mess, it's cruel, unfunny, almost disturbingly violent, and I can't imagine anyone finding it fun to watch."

Couldn't agree more with you on that one.

Refresh my memory, but isn't Drillbit told that the bully is an adult by a non-authority figure?
Yes and then the bully himself says that he is 18 years old.

Emancipation means that he is legally an adult and away from his parents.
Doesn't emancipated minor mean that although the person is under 18 years of age the court grants the individual the rights of an adult to live independently ? If as the principal says he is an emancipated minor then that would mean that he is under the age of 18.

Probably the writers of the movie were also mixed up about this.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
It was quite a mess. I'm so glad I spent NO money on it.

That being said there were a few funny moments.

I thought it was ok . But yeah the guy even says that he is eighteen in the film . Otherwise nothing would have happened. The sword scene was priceless , sorry if you did not like the film . I try not to take things to seriously when it comes to Hollywood.