Jeremy Irons
Lance Henriksen
Rex Linn
Tom Bower
Luce Rains
Girard Swan
Robert Knott

PLOT:
Two friends hired to police a small town that is suffering under the rule of a rancher find their job complicated by the arrival of a young widow.

Trailer:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/appaloosa/trailer

Opening in theaters on October 3, 2008

Who watches the Watchbear?
Oh man, I'm pretty psyched for this. The trailer looks fantastic... and man, do I love me some Jeremy Irons. I really hope it does well, I'd love to see more Westerns come out of Hollywood. Hopefully if it does, since I believe 3:10 to Yuma did pretty alright as well, we'll be seeing more like this... yesssss.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
This looks absolutely fantastic, I can't wait for this film. The poster alone gives me shivers and I've been craving some new, decent Westerns. Bring it on!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Ed Harris is one of my favorite actors. His role in this film is very interesting. Not only that, but I wonder how the movie will be. I am surely going to see this opening night, because I really do like his work.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Positive review from The New York Times:

http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/09/19...syahoo&emc=rss

I enjoyed this bit about Viggo:

And like Virgil and Everett, everyone involved in “Appaloosa” favors professionalism over bluster. This is especially true of Mr. Mortensen, whose features are half-hidden behind facial hair that is by far the showiest thing about him. Everett says very little and spends a lot of time just watching the other, more voluble characters, so Mr. Mortensen’s performance resides almost entirely in his eyes, which register tiny, unmistakable nuances of surprise, suspicion and amusement.

I am the Nightrider!
I'm all over this. Viggo, Harris, Irons and Henriksen...in a Western...I mean, we don't need a slide-ruler here!

Hope Harris gets a nod for this!

Rock 'n Roll!

-UJ

The more I see about this one, the cooler it looks... will definitely try to check it out...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

This looks very interesting. Liking the reteam of Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen. Hope the film lives up to the review. But can it beat The Assassination Of Jesse James as the noughties definitive western?