Donnie Darko 2: S. Darko

Tools    

Via Comingsoon.net, Screen Daily reports that UK-based sales company Velvet Octopus will be launching sales in Cannes for S. Darko, billed as the sequel to the 2001 cult hit Donnie Darko. Fox has already taken North American rights for the $10 million-budgeted film.

Chris Fisher, who previously made Nightstalker and Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders, will direct.

Daviegh Chase reprises her role as Donnie's younger sister. The cast for S. Darko also includes Ed Westwick (Son of Rambow, Gossip Girl), Briana Evigan (Step Up 2 the Streets) and Justin Chatwin (Dragonball).

The story picks up seven years after the first film when little sister Samantha Darko and her best friend Corey are now 18 and on a roadtrip to Los Angeles when they are plagued by bizarre visions.

In the wake of Donnie's death, Samantha finds herself with a broken family, mired in feelings of insignificance, and with no aspirations for the future. The archetypal character study and genre mixing of Donnie Darko is reprised, but with a fresh spin on the roles within the Tangent Universe that warrants the telling of this darker, more jaded tale of tragedy, second chances, sacrifice and rebirth.

Producers have spoken to Richard Kelly about the project but he is not involved in any official capacity at this stage.

The project starts shooting May 18.

.....doesn't know what to put here!
What i saw of the first one i enjoyed, i wasn't expecting a sequel though

Last DVD watched-Scary Movie 3

Last DVD Bought-Scary Movie 3

.....doesn't know what to put here!
Why?

this will never be as good as Donnie Darko
I don't know, the thought just never entered my head.

I may want to see this even less than Holden wants to see Speed Racer... maybe.

I may want to see this even less than Holden wants to see Speed Racer... maybe.
LOL
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wow, they are really grabbing for money now.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Originally Posted by mark f
Who the hell would pay to see it?
Stupid teenagers, obviously.

Or really stupid adults.

Taking bets on which makes more money: This or Son of Mask.

Even odds folks.

seeing as how I didn't even enjoy Donnie Darko I can't see myself spending my time with this half baked sequel

So, people who go see films you won't are stupid. You judge people very inconsiderably
He's right though. Good movies tend to be ruined now a days for teens to enjoy. It's very much ruining cinema.

Welcome to the human race...
So, people who go see films you won't are stupid. You judge people very inconsiderably
Inconsiderately. And yes, you are absolutely right. I do judge people like that. Just the way I am.