Modern day films set during the Roaring Twenties

Tools    

Hi All,

I’m looking to comply a list of modern day films that sell the fictional glamour of life in the Roaring Twenties. So far I have 2 entries:

Radio Days:
Film by Woodie Allen that gets across the Golden Age of Radio

The Untouchables:
Film that gets across the glamour of prohibition.

Can anyone recommend any other modern day films. Please note the storyline is not that important, I’m more looking for films that get across the elements that make “The Roaring Twenties” different from any other period in history.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks In Advance

Hi All,

I’m looking to comply a list of modern day films that sell the fictional glamour of life in the Roaring Twenties. So far I have 2 entries:

Radio Days:
Film by Woodie Allen that gets across the Golden Age of Radio

The Untouchables:
Film that gets across the glamour of prohibition.

Can anyone recommend any other modern day films. Please note the storyline is not that important, I’m more looking for films that get across the elements that make “The Roaring Twenties” different from any other period in history.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks In Advance

The Great Gatsby is set in the 1920's (circa 1925)….

Parts of
The Godfather II
Legends of the Fall
Iron Jawed Angels

are set in the 1920's….

but, if memory serves, the events that take place in The Untouchables were in the early 1930's....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Not Sure what time frame some of my favorite Cary Grant movies are set in: Like Arsenic and Old Lace and The Philadelphia Story or The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer but they are all pretty good if you ask me. Also try The Hudsucker proxy "You know... for kids!"