Automatic Post Saving

Tools    

Yep, that's right: MoFo will now "autosave" drafts of your threads, posts, and PMs. This means that the next time your browser locks up, or you accidently refresh or hit the back button, you can come right back to the page you were on before and the forum will automatically load the last autosaved version of what you were typing.

This is thanks to a vBulletin.org modification that has existed for awhile now. However, the first version only worked with plain text boxes (as opposed to the advanced "WYSIWYG" editor), and I decided to pass. But it works on even the advanced editor now, so I went ahead and installed it this evening.

Some details:
  • It will save any post, thread, or PM, including titles.
  • It does not currently save drafts in the Quick Reply box (but this can be added).
  • It will only save "drafts" greater than 50 characters.
  • It will save drafts once every 3 minutes.
  • While saving, a small green box with the words "Saving Message..." will briefly appear over the top right-hand corner of the message field.
  • Drafts will be saved in the database for 7 days.
  • Drafts will be deleted when you do eventually post your post/thread/PM, unless you uncheck the box below the message field.
This modification may be a little buggy, so if you notice any problems, please report them here. I'm also open to changing the autosave interval time, but I think 3 minutes should work pretty well.

Enjoy.