De Niro and Pacino Together Again!

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
YAY!

De Niro and Pacino Reunite for Kill
Source: Variety
May 17, 2007

Robert De Niro and Al Pacino will team for the second time in Righteous Kill, a $60 million independent production put together by Nu Image's Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films, reports Variety.

Shooting will begin August 6 in Connecticut, with some work in Chicago to follow. The two stars play cops chasing a serial killer. Jon Avnet will direct and produce and the script is by Inside Man screenwriter Russell Gewirtz.

"This is an event in world history," Nu Image's Avi Lerner said. "They were in two scenes in 'Heat.' In this movie, they are in the whole thing together."
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20473

I'm so excited for this film... when 50 Cent was linked to the project, my hopes sank a little, but I'm sure it will be brilliant. I'm rooting for Leonardo DiCaprio to play the serial killer, although I know that's never going to happen. lol

Who does everybody want to take that role?

See the trailer here:

I am looking forward to this as De Niro and Pacino are two of my favourite actors. I liked Heat (Mann, 1995), but i felt there was something missing because i was never particularly engrossed in the story. Also, i thought it was a bit too long.

Righteous Kill has a plot, which immediately endears it to me. It does indicate that Pacino and De Niro will get a good amount of screen time together.

keeps my interest alive.

These two are very good actors. They are the reason HEAT is in my DVD collection!

although they are both great , and their acting in heat was amazing . Heat went straight downhill from the second half. I hope they aren't wasted in this new movie.

although they are both great , and their acting in heat was amazing . Heat went straight downhill from the second half. I hope they aren't wasted in this new movie.
The second half was the most heartbreaking closure I've ever seen in a film.

The second half was the most heartbreaking closure I've ever seen in a film.
it was filled with badly done shooting and a lot of motives that were apparent in the first half go away

How, exactly, can anyone honestly be claiming to helm an 'independent' project featuring a $60 million budget and two of the five most iconic actors of the last 40 years? Couldn't you at least edit the Newspeak out of the press release?

Personally, I can't wait to see it. Of course, a bad script and bad directing can ruin even the best intentions of great actors but let's hope it doesn't happen here. The chemistry seems right. Fingers crossed.

How, exactly, can anyone honestly be claiming to helm an 'independent' project featuring a $60 million budget and two of the five most iconic actors of the last 40 years? Couldn't you at least edit the Newspeak out of the press release?
isn't empire strikes back an independant film ?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
isn't empire strikes back an independant film ?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg