Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.

(MULTIPLE REWATCH) The Departed
++ While I have always been a fan of, and prefer the original Korean film Infernal Affairs you CAN NOT deny the excellence of this film and the entire cast of actors within it.
That's cool, just watched IA today, it made me search TD and IA release dates to see which had influenced the other.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
That's cool, just watched IA today, it made me search TD and IA release dates to see which had influenced the other.
yeah, IA came out about six years previously.
Of course, it's been a while so I need to now watch Infernal again lol

Artificial Intelligence (2001)

First time watching this movie, and it actually holds up pretty well despite all the tech futuristic movies coming out now. I found the story itself often boring, but the concept was captivating. Jude Law's acting of his character was very well done. It was probably longer than it should have been (stretching to around 2.5 hours), as several parts could have been trimmed or cut altogether. Nevertheless, there were many moments that I think I will find memorable.

Welcome to the human race...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

All things considered, I'm finding the username/rating combination to be really amusing.

The Right Stuff -

oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh

Otona no miru ehon - Umarete wa mita keredo [I Was Born, But...] (Yasujirô Ozu, 1932)

Busiest little commuter line in the world!

I didn't watch the movie "World War Z" when its released on cinema, by now I watched it on home theater. mannnn Awesome movie

I will rate this movie 10/10

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

++ While I have always been a fan of, and prefer the original Korean film Infernal Affairs you CAN NOT deny the excellence of this film and the entire cast of actors within it.

Actually Infernal Affairs is a Hong Kong film. Don't fret though, even the Academy Awards had messed up, saying Infernal Affairs was a Japanese film when William Monahan was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Departed. I have all 3 IA films and The Departed. To this day, IA is now my all-time favorite Hong Kong film (used to be Shaolin Soccer until IA dethroned it LOL)

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I always remembered disliking the Batman film when I would watch it as a kid. (I loved Batman Returns as a kid, however.) I decided to watch it again (this would be the 4-5th time in my life, most likely) and I found that, while I found more enjoyment in it, I still don't covet it in high-regard. I'll do a full-scale review down the line, but here's are some quick thoughts:

- I really like Michael Keaton as Batman because I think he portrays him as more antisocial, absent from life, and closed-off than later incarnations, and that's the approach I think works best.

- I always thought I hated Jack Nicholson's portrayal as The Joker (I love Jack Nicholson, in-general, however), but I appreciated him more this time around and realized he isn't the problem I have with this film. This Joker feels very much like the comic-book and animated-series Joker I watched as a kid brought to life, and while he doesn't bring new found depth to the character, he's very enjoyable.

- The music implemented by Danny Elfman is great, but I think Prince's contribution is an off-putting contrast.

- I always thought it was weird that Alexander Knox and Vicki Vale had to "uncover" the mysterious fate of Bruce Wayne's parents. In this film, Vicki Vale is new to the scene, and so, maybe I could cut her some slack. However, the Wayne Family are billionaires and Wayne throws parties frequently that keep him in the spotlight, how would Alexander Knox not know the fate of Wayne's parents, two of the richest people in Gotham?

- I dislike the Red Hood origin for Joker. I also dislike anyone but Joe Chill being responsible for the death of Martha and Thomas.

- I think the last stretch of the film is what brings this film down for me, perhaps the novelty of it had started to wane-down, but I feel in the home-stretch, I no longer cared about the conflict at-hand. It doesn't feel like "Batman" builds up to its climax, but, more like it limps to it, and I feel it deflates a lot.

In the end, it's an alright film. Just don't love it.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Could be. I got the impression that she was simply an oddball eccentric.. Great stuff.

~Doc
This too, but stories telling by people, who met her as a children, point out she wasn't quite, hm, normal. I had the feeling, she was cold person, that's why she portrayed in her pics relationships - something, she wasn't able to create with other people. But it's only my presumption

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.
yeah, IA came out about six years previously.
Of course, it's been a while so I need to now watch Infernal again lol
It's a good movie, I liked The Departed final sequence more tho.

This too, but stories telling by people, who met her as a children, point out she wasn't quite, hm, normal. I had the feeling, she was cold person, that's why she portrayed in her pics relationships - something, she wasn't able to create with other people. But it's only my presumption
You might have something there, Ms. M. Good guess.

I'm wondering if people would support a separate documentary forum. I'll propose it the Administrator to see what he thinks.

~Doc

I always remembered disliking the Batman film when I would watch it as a kid.

- I really like Michael Keaton as Batman because I think he portrays him as more antisocial, absent from life, and closed-off than later incarnations, and that's the approach I think works best.

- I always thought I hated Jack Nicholson's portrayal as The Joker (I love Jack Nicholson, in-general, however), but I appreciated him more this time around and realized he isn't the problem I have with this film. This Joker feels very much like the comic-book and animated-series Joker I watched as a kid brought to life, and while he doesn't bring new found depth to the character, he's very enjoyable.

In the end, it's an alright film. Just don't love it.
I have to confess it's my fav movie about Batman. Everything I saw later wasn't even in 30% as good as this one. Batman here is exactly like you wrote - antisocial guy, not another celebrity. He kill people! Bad people, but doesn't it make him similar to criminals? Keaton shows the consequences of this kind of life.
Jack Nickolson as a Joker was brilliant. I'm surprised that his role as a Joker is so underrated in comparision to Ledger or Leto (sic!). He played sociopath, a man evil to his bones, who knows he hurts people and does it knowingly and intentionally. In case Ledger and Leto Jokers, I had the feeling, they are bored, spoiled teenagers, who wants to have fun. They were rather annoying than scarry.
So I rather appreciate the depth of characters than "firework", which associated to me with new versions.
Anyway, I'm glad you find it more enjoyable every time, you watch it

I'm wondering if people would support a separate documentary forum. I'll propose it the Administrator to see what he thinks.

~Doc

You can try.
I don't mind to have converastions about docs here, because I don't watch them too many and sometimes I find interesting opinions about docs, searching this thread.

This might just do nobody any good.
Eh, Nicholson’s Joker is fun but it’s just Jack being Jack.

Pre-Ledger, imo, the best bat-villain is DeVito’s Penguin. Trump by way of The Elephant Man.

Not at all He wasn't fun. Ledger was fun, Leto was... green Nickolson was terriffying. De Vito was perfectly gross, exactly like he should be.

This might just do nobody any good.
I guess it comes down to the individual and they’re all portrayals of a cartoon character but Jack Joker is too big and giddy a performance to instill... really anything in me other than a light chuckle here and there.

I also generally prefer Returns to ‘89 Batman for being more singularly Tim Burton’s movie.

Infernal Affairs is a Korean film.