Rent: Only in Theaters

Tools    

Saw an ad for this yesterday. Only in theaters. Any thoughts Mofo?

The Movie

Not exactly sure what you're asking about here… if it is for thoughts on the movie, it sounds interesting and I would like to see it. If you're asking about the term "only in theaters" … haven't they always said that on new releases?

Anyway, thanks for the info...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I heard the "only in theaters" thing a couple of weeks ago and wondered if it meant that they were never going to put it on DVD, too. I think they mean "right now", because I can't imagine they'd ignore the $$$$ to be made by putting film on DVD. That's a big part of the industry these days.

Rent is a very Mtv sort of show, and would be cool to see on a big screen or small. I think it would be more fun to see with other people though. I'm looking forward to seeing in in the theater.

I just wanted people opinions about the perverbial group "them", putting rent into movie form.

Anyway, I hope they put it out on DVD. When the ad said "Only in Theaters" i got the impression they weren't going to; put it on dvd.

i saw the preview for it last week and yes, it interests me as is any broadway show that is made into a film....

as for the term only in theatres...i think they have to clarify that because a lot of people will start asking if it's out on dvd yet...

Originally Posted by Eyes
Saw an ad for this yesterday. Only in theaters. Any thoughts Mofo?

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
If you're asking about the term "only in theaters" … haven't they always said that on new releases?

Cat is right. Every movie is advertised as "Only in theaters" or in some cases "In theaters everywhere" or "In theaters now".

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by susan

as for the term only in theatres...i think they have to clarify that because a lot of people will start asking if it's out on dvd yet...
Heh, as a former video shop employee, I can tell you that won't stop them from asking for it on dvd. Especially if you see an ad for it on a dvd. then people insist it HAS to be on video already. Sometimes angrily.

Retail is horrible.

The movie looks kind of decent. I like Rosario Dawson, so I may see it.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Not a fan of musicals at all, but Rosaria Dawson....now that's a different matter.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
...Especially if you see an ad for it on a dvd, then people insist it HAS to be on video already...
Still, if its' on the DVD and it still says "Only in theaters", even a 5 year old would know that what thet means. Ya' gotta be an idiot (no offense to anyone) to think that would mean it's already out on DVD/Video/PSP.

Originally Posted by jrs
Cat is right. Every movie is advertised as "Only in theaters" or in some cases "In theaters everywhere" or "In theaters now".
glad to hear it, I was hoping i could add that one to the collection

Blah

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by jrs
Still, if its' on the DVD and it still says "Only in theaters", even a 5 year old would know that what thet means. Ya' gotta be an idiot (no offense to anyone) to think that would mean it's already out on DVD/Video/PSP.
That makes a LOT of people idiots then. lol.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
In the last few days, I've seen Rosario Dawson in Sin City and heard Idina Menzel on the Wicked soundtrack. I officially can't wait to see this one. C'mon Nov 23!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
In the last few days, I've seen Rosario Dawson in Sin City and heard Idina Menzel on the Wicked soundtrack. I officially can't wait to see this one. C'mon Nov 23!
only 28 days.

I had a feeling you were counting, too.

sings: 40,320 minutes...

The story about aids in america,,nothing unusual there i think ill watch the movie nonetheless see if it stars Darren James.

he doesn't appear to be in the cast

Did you see Alexander? You can see a LOT of Rosario Dawson in that one.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.