Mrs. Doubtfire 2

Tools    

Movie Forums Member
They're making a second Mrs. Doubtfire. It's supposed to come out in mid-late 2006.

I wonder who else is going to be in it (besides Robin Williams). Definately not the kids. They'll be 10-15 years older.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I can't imagine what the premise will be. After all, the first one ended with him having a *television show* as Mrs. Doubtfire, for cryin' out loud.

Neutral Milk Hotel
it'll suck
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
where did you find this info from???

The first was sweet but limp. Williams should retire or stick to drama. His comedic flare is more of a wisp nowadays anyway.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The first was sweet but limp. Williams should retire or stick to drama. His comedic flare is more of a wisp nowadays anyway.
I agree. Robin's comedic talent has gotten sort of "old" and he's needing something new. He is much better doing drama which broadens his ability. I am , personally, kind of tired of all his family flicks (flubber, hook etc.) .

Here to support the villians.......
God help us all if there is a Mrs. Doubtfire 2, having said that they are making Big Momma's house 2 and Scary Movie 4 so anything is possible nowadays

Where's my Vodka Martini
I allways thought Mrs Doubtfire was one of those films where a sequel wasn't possible. Maybe not.....

"There's only one airbag in this car......and it's on my side"

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham
God help us all if there is a Mrs. Doubtfire 2, having said that they are making Big Momma's house 2 and Scary Movie 4 so anything is possible nowadays
Why don't they combine Scary Movie 4, Mrs. Doubfire 2 and Big Momma's house. Then they can call the movie Crap.

You know, I'd really love to see a Mrs. Doubtfire 2... but HOW could they do it?? The whole point of Mrs. Doubtfire was the dressing in drag and making sure the ex-wife doesn't find out gimmick. Well, she found out!

Mrs. Doubtfire also came out in 1993 - 12 years ago! The kids are all grown up. I can only imagine bizarre storylines for a Mrs. Doubtfire 2:

* Miranda (Sally Field), the wife, dies. Robin Williams decides that his adult children still need a mother - so he barges into their lives, dressed as Mrs. Doubtfire, only now they're supposed to believe that Mrs. Doubtfire is their mother. He takes on the role of mom and dad. In the end, Robin and his kids are committed.

* Robin Williams becomes so comfortable being Mrs. Doubtfire that he decides to have a sex change. The film is an emotional roller coaster drama, as the kids come to terms with the fact that they will soon have two mothers.

* Robin Williams is stalked by a Mrs. Doubtfire copycat, who then kidnaps Miranda and his adult children for ransom. They're all forced to watch the copycat cook and clean the rundown building they're trapped in until Robin Williams appears, dressed as Mrs. Doubtfire, and he and his copycat battle it out.

* The movie is called Mrs. Doubtfire Vs. Hannibal. Hannibal wins, and he chops off Mrs. Doubtfire's head, to be served for dinner. The rest of her body is stuffed in a car, in some storage garage, only to be discovered in the end by FBI Agent Clarice Starling.

The Adventure Starts Here!
LOL, SC! Actually, they could always play it in a totally different direction and go with a new movie based on the TV show that the first movie ends with. It could explore the ups and downs of having to dress in drag to do the show.

Nahh, that's not even remotely funny. Forget I said anything.

Where's my Vodka Martini
In short, have nothing to do with the film in which the sequel spawned from.

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by xResidentEvil3x
where did you find this info from???
www.imdb.com, after looking under Robin Williams

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Well these are all interesting storylines that you people have cam up with. it gave me a laugh. i don't know how they will come up with a sequel. (jrs, why didn't you find hook interesting? to me, it was very entertaining.)

Originally Posted by Austruck
LOL, SC! Actually, they could always play it in a totally different direction and go with a new movie based on the TV show that the first movie ends with. It could explore the ups and downs of having to dress in drag to do the show.

Nahh, that's not even remotely funny. Forget I said anything.
That's really the only realistic storyline I could think of, and it sounds boring. In fact, it sounds like Tootsie without the surprise.

But maybe - just maybe - they thought of something else.

Lets put a smile on that block
How about Robin Williams dressed as Mrs Doubtfire dresses as a man (Mr Firedoubt?) to enter the male dominated world of fire-fighting as her/his tv career has gone down the pan and no one wants an Ex-celeb to clean their houses anymore. I think that would be interesting.