The Creative Writing Thread

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Alright, let's try this again but with a better thread title.

Rules: I start the thread, you add on to my beginning. Then someone adds to that, again, and again, and again. Get it? Here we go!

Freo Elmwood looked up to read "The Red Dragon" on the local tavern's sign. A man stumbled out with a cloud of smoke and the sound of the local townsmen ending their day to a few ales. The door slammed shut and the man mumbled as he contiuned down the street. As the man neared the end of the street, he disappered in a puff of smoke. Freo shook his head and questioned what he had seen. Had it been his imagination, or had he seen a wizard? Things were so diffucult to tell in this day and age. Shrugging it off he grabbed hold of the door handle, opened the door, and stepped inside.

Notes: Try and keep the posts under two paragraphs. We don't want to have people read such long posts.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Lo and behold, Freo spotted several bizarre things inside this Red Dragon tavern. A 600 pound woman wearing a blue dress and pink high heels was eating from an enormous bowl of double chocolate chunk ice cream. Her hair was black and put into a bun. She was sitting on top of a weird piano that was somehow made mostly of bricks. Her big arm went up and she waved to Freo, her fat jiggling about. "Hi, Freo! It's me, Janelle! You used to date me in high school! Remember, you were the one who took my virginity. I've missed you!"

A couple of people in the tavern laughed. A sexy redheaded lass playing cards stood out. She was wearing these big, gawdy clothes and a tall hat with feathers sticking out of it. Freo had a feeling about her. He almost walked over just to look at her face, but her cell phone rang and she answered.

The redheads' name was Mindy. She had this sparkle in her light green eyes that stole your breath and stopped your heart. Despite her terrible fashion sense she was amazingly sexy in a way that Freo had never experienced before. Freo knew her name because he had asked the bartender who usually knew everyone.

"Yep, that Mindy," the bartender said sleazily, a grin growing across his face, exposing his decrepit teeth. "She's had quite a life. Her mum died when she was only a little girl, and her dad was a real jackass. A drunk, he'd come home from working on his boat and just beat her bloody. If he hadn't passed out on the train tracks and got run over, God knows what kind of damage could have been done. She's already half-crazed."

Freo was unfazed. The woman had intrigued him. "What do you mean?" he asked the bartender.

"Well, I probably told you more than I should have, but chew on this: If you had a wizard for a brother you might be a few pints short of a gallon yerself."

Freo did chew on it, but he couldn't swallow it. He glanced Mindy's way again and his stomach dropped like it did when he was on one of those amusement park rides; the one called Freefall came to mind. She was looking straight at him and not turning away.

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
As Freo continued glancing with drooling anticipation and forbidden desires in his eyes. He began to walk up to her, he said " Hey Mindy " She laughed, she thinks your cute. Then a large stallion walked into the tavern and noticed all the white woman in the tavern. He said, " It may be summer in the village, but it is snowing up in here. " Then he also glanced at Mindy, And he began to walk up to her. He said, " Santa must have come early this year because you are first on my Christmas list " She laughed. Freo now knows he has competition.

-TheButcher