Directors Who Seemed To Get Great Actors From Anywhere

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Directors everyone wanted to work with. But not just any foreign stars, but talented stars, not the flavor of the year.. Fellini seemed to be able to do this, having an almost obsession with English-speaking actors in every movie with their voices dubbed in. De Sica got Clift (in a very bad movie), and although Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni were in high demand, they were both in at least 5-7 movies of his. I think a lot wanted to work with Stanley Kubrick, too.. Jack Nicholson mentioned (after his death) how he regretted only making one movie with him.

Would have to say Woody Allen. Amazing the number of A-list actors who were probably thrilled to get even a cameo in one of his movies.

Alfred Hitchcock: One of the most prolific directors of all time, Alfred Hitchcock directed over 50 movies and helped create the suspense genre. Robert Redford: Robert Redford has been nominated for an Oscar 10 times and has won once. Stanley Kubrick: Stanley Kubrick has been called one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, and he made 12 feature films in the course of his career.