What nerdy cartoons are you still watching?

Tools    

Let's be honest. Among the gritty noir movies and potential sexy HBO dramas we watch, some of us are probably going back to our childhood days and looking up some old classics. As a man who's been influenced by many cartoons for his stories and who wants to write cartoons for kids, I study the good and bad ones. And believe it or not, a huge help to improving my writing skills was watching a bunch of freakin' Loonatics Unleashed just so I could write a better version, and this taught me a lot about improving flaws. I also learned a lot from FMAB and Death Note, but as far as kid's shows go, I sometimes go back to Martin Mystery, a sci-fi horror mystery series that's like X-Files for kids.

I also watch Huntik sometimes. It's like a combo of Indiana Jones and Yugioh. That has a lot of similarities to some stuff I'm working on, but I stopped watching cartoons by the time it came to America, so this is a more recent venture.

I'm still loving Bob's Burgers even though I don't have cable anymore.

So apparently a minor character in Huntik has two monsters named Solar and Lunar, who apparently coat themselves in larger elemental spirit as a form of armor. Sounds a bit like the protagonists of my novel, literally named Losa and Nula, except their spirits can do so much more than just coat the user in armor.

I'm still loving Bob's Burgers even though I don't have cable anymore.

Second this. I used to put it on all the time for comfort.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K.

Second this. I used to put it on all the time for comfort.
I thought I was the only person who felt this way. It truly is comforting.

I watch an episode or two of light kids TV pretty much every night before bed. Spongebob, Phinneas and Ferb, etc. It's nice to have something purely silly to end the evening.

I periodically revisit the cartoons from my childhood on YouTube.

Rewatched & enjoyed Swat Katz last year. Earlier this year did the same with Johnny Quest, He Man & Captain Planet.

Just last month rewatched Dexter's laboratory & was then reminded of Justice Friends which is silly but hilarious take on superheroes. It is still funny.

Apparently the most well-recieved X-Men cartoon is the original 90's one. But as much as I love the franchise... I just can't bring myself to watch it.

How cheesy can it get? And his actor is trying way too hard.

Apparently the most well-recieved X-Men cartoon is the original 90's one. But as much as I love the franchise... I just can't bring myself to watch it.

This, along with Batman: The Animated Series, was one of my favorite action/thriller/fantasy shows of my childhood. I don't think that watching "best of" bits are a good way to get the sense of the show. It had a pretty good set of characters, good plots, fun action.

This, along with Batman: The Animated Series, was one of my favorite action/thriller/fantasy shows of my childhood. I don't think that watching "best of" bits are a good way to get the sense of the show. It had a pretty good set of characters, good plots, fun action.

And in episode one, Storm literally changes clothes with lightning powers, and in episode three, apparently Beast was largely written out of the seas after being arrested, despite being in the literal theme song. And this is the show that's getting a revival in a few months.

And in episode one, Storm literally changes clothes with lightning powers, and in episode three, apparently Beast was largely written out of the seas after being arrested, despite being in the literal theme song. And this is the show that's getting a revival in a few months.
How many episodes of it have you watched?

I watch an episode or two of light kids TV pretty much every night before bed. Spongebob, Phinneas and Ferb, etc. It's nice to have something purely silly to end the evening.
I used to watch a lot of Phineas and Ferb several years ago. I've put it to my kids and, although they've liked it, it hasn't take on as much as other shows.

I'm currently in the final season of Camp Cretaceous, the animated Jurassic Park/World spin-off from Netflix. My kids have seen all 5 seasons a couple of times and I started picking up stuff as they went through it, so I decided to dive in myself.

Best thing about it was the opening theme song!

How many episodes of it have you watched?
I watched some as an early teen and thought it was a bit cheesy in comparison to Evolution and Wolverine. Then I decided to watch it from the start and quit when I found out that Beast was practically written out of season one. Also, the voice acting is largely just so cheesy, except on Alyson Court's part. She can act much better than she did on The Big Comfy Couch.

Best thing about it was the opening theme song!

Absolutely true. Of course, it was written by the guy behind the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers theme.

Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog and the '87 TMNT show are currently in my rotation.