Best Films of 2010

→ in
Tools    

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
Here's some that I quite enjoyed:

Exit Through The Gift Shop
Inception
True Grit
Love and Other Drugs
Winter's Bone
Kick-Ass
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
The Social Network
Unstoppable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Still haven't seen Blue Valentine but I'm sure I will love it...
I forgot about I Love You Phillip Morris. Tech. it was in 2009 but because of that long drawn out legal battle to distribute the film it didn't come out until 2010.

Because District 9 was in 2009 and TRON: Legacy Sucked!!! haha.
Oh right, forgot that
But TRON: Legacy did not suck. You probably didn't watch the first one then? I just think that you haft to appreciate the first one, to appreciate Legacy.

Going out on a limb here, could be wrong, but...

Personal opinion?
Could be.

Here's some that I quite enjoyed:

Exit Through The Gift Shop
Inception
True Grit
Love and Other Drugs
Winter's Bone
Kick-Ass
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
The Social Network
Unstoppable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Still haven't seen Blue Valentine but I'm sure I will love it...
I very much enjoyed I Love You Phillip Morris too.

The Karate Kid? Come on, it sucks.
And why isn't District 9 and/or TRON: Legacy on your list?

Perhaps becase District 9 is just so 2009

But TRON: Legacy did not suck. You probably didn't watch the first one then? I just think that you haft to appreciate the first one, to appreciate Legacy.
So you have to "appreciate" a crap film to like the related crap film? I guess that's true.

Perhaps becase District 9 is just so 2009
Yeah that would probably be it

So you have to "appreciate" a crap film to like the related crap film? I guess that's true.
What? Surely i'm not the only one who likes the Tron movies here?

Oh right, forgot that
Legacy didn't live up to the first one. I wouldn't say it sucked, but it wasn't particularly great either.

Absolutely, the score music by Daft Punk is so memorable. Hypnotised me during the film.

Check it's rottentomatoes rating its certified fresh. I seriously think it's the best Farrell film out there besides Elf but that's just my taste. This is by far the best made laugh out loud comedy of 2010.
I didn't think much of it at all and certainly wouldn't put it anywhere near a Top Films of the year list and his best goes to Stranger Than Fiction.

But then, I thought Tron Legacy was fabulous. Not on a top films list though. I haven't even seen the first film! shock horror.

As for the rest of your list:

1. The Social Network - Fabuloussssssssssssssssssss

4. The Town - Fabulousssssssssssss

5. Shutter Island - Fabulousssssssssss

6. The Fighter - Fabulousssssssssss

7. Catfish - Didn't think much of this 'documentary'.

9. The King's Speech - Fabuloussssssssss of course

10. The Other Guys - Meh

12. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Fabulousssssssss

13. Inception - Fabuloussssssssssss

14. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1 - Fabuloussssssss

16. Kick-ass - Fabulousssssssssss

17. The Karate Kid - Was surprised by this, thought it would be awful, decent movie.

19. The Runaways - Disappointing

The fabuloussssssss' in bold I would have on a top 10/20 list.

Sorry, I'm bored lol.

I didn't like The King's Speech, but that fact that it actually won Best Picture over other films that actually deserved just makes me hate it.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I didn't like The King's Speech, but that fact that it actually won Best Picture over other films that actually deserved just makes me hate it.
Were you that surprised about the win? "The King's Speech" was pure Oscar-bait my friend!

You see, it had all the essential elements:
- the protagonist who has to overcome some sort of physical/mental obstacle
- the sweet supportive wife with a cheeky sense of humor
- the quirky side character with a big heart who helps the protagonist

I think the general public felt compelled to like this movie simply because of all the praise it received...and then throw in the Oscar win and you've got America fooled.

For me, "The King's Speech" was just okay - 7.5/10

Were you that surprised about the win? "The King's Speech" was pure Oscar-bait my friend!

You see, it had all the essential elements:
- the protagonist who has to overcome some sort of physical/mental obstacle
- the sweet supportive wife with a cheeky sense of humor
- the quirky side character with a big heart who helps the protagonist

I think the general public felt compelled to like this movie simply because of all the praise it received...and then throw in the Oscar win and you've got America fooled.

For me, "The King's Speech" was just okay - 7.5/10
It just somewhat blindsided me, because up until the last few weeks before the Oscars it looked as if The Social Network was going to get. The Social Network was much more deserving of the award, too.

The Kings Speech may have been inherently Oscar bait but I don't think it was particularly made with that intent like some films, which is about the only reason I was pleased to see Bumdog Millionaire win.

Social Network was good but not deserving of an Oscar.
completely agree. I mean I understand everyone could relate to it, but I don't think it should have won

completely agree. I mean I understand everyone could relate to it, but I don't think it should have won
It's never about deserving it, is it?
It's about the vote of the group of people that are voting.
Otherwise everyone could say this film should have won or that film shouldn't have... as for me, I think it did deserve it!

I've only seen 16 new ones this year. These are the
Since I've now seen 37 movies from 2010 (many of them good!) I figure now's as good a time as any to put together a favorites list. Here's fifteen from The Year We Make Contact:

1. 127 Hours
2. Mysteries of Lisbon
3. Inception
4. The Next Three Days
5. The Tempest
6. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
7. Black Swan
8. How to Train Your Dragon
9. The King's Speech
10. Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
11. Shutter Island
12. Iron Man 2