A disturbing movie

→ in
Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I have never been more angered about a movie as I am now.

Twisted, evil and disturbing.

Anyone want to take a guess about which disgustingly evil 1994 movie I'm talking about?

I've never had a stronger opinion on a movie.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Hmm...I was planning on watching it again soon...it's been a while so I can't comment.
Dark and sadistic. Not even Kate Winslet's usual solid performance can save this movie from a 0/10 rating for me.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Bobby, 0 out of 10? That seems harsh. There was a lot to like about that movie, despite the fact that they stretched the truths of the story a little too thin for my liking.

Why such venom?

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Bobby, 0 out of 10? That seems harsh. There was a lot to like about that movie, despite the fact that they stretched the truths of the story a little too thin for my liking.

Why such venom?
Like I said...twisted, evil and disturbing.

Even if it is a true story, it's not one that needed to be told. It was garbage.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wait, Bobby.... What about movies like Se7en or Saw or Resident Evil or 28 Days/Weeks Later? All twisted, evil and very disturbing. Doesn't mean the story can't be told.

It seems like it had exactly the effectiveness a story like that should have.

It might be a very disturbing, twisted story. But I wouldn't stoop to calling it garbage. If you like any graphic horror movies at all, then you can't just equate disturbing with garbage.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Se7en has an actual decent plot.

Heavenly Creatures shows two girls who form an odd relationship, live in a fantasy world, think that when they die they are going to the 4th world, take baths together, re-enact the way saints will have sex with them, kill a woman with a brick, etc.

I HATED the movie.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
It's awful. The girls are PURE evil. There are atleast 4 times where they fantasize about murdering people just because they are annoyed by them.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Why does that make the film bad? Not seeing the problem here...
Because, all it wants to do is disturb you.

There's no overriding message of friendship or love like would have been fine, instead it's, these children are so disturbed and obsessed, they killed a woman with a brick by repeatedly beating her over the head.

A system of cells interlinked
Again...Not seeing the problem here. PLENTY of films are out to just disturb you, and anyway, I don't think that is true of this film. There is clearly a message of love in the film... Dark, twisted love, but, it's there.

That said. Please highlight the messages of friendship and love in Se7en....

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I didn't say friendship or love HAS to be the message, I'm saying that's the message a movie like Heavenly Creatures needed to go for.

Heavenly Creatures was not about love...it was about psychos who had a distorted view of the world and each other. They were both evil and didn't see it. A movie like Heavenly Creatures needs something outside of just being weird and evil.

Se7en is in the mystery thriller genre. It's the mystery of the movie trying to discover who the killer is and who is next.

Brad Pitt was very loving to his wife, played by Gweneth Paltrow. Too bad she had her head chopped off. But hey, now he's available in the Se7en world.