Does Anyone Do Drugs?

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Very constructive j

Lets put a smile on that block
How so? Members of MOFO smoke weed, therefor the forum is on a downward spiral of sin? God help us all.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
How so? Members of MOFO smoke weed, therefor the forum is on a downward spiral of sin? God help us all.
Too many things are considered a sin. Pretty much, if it feels good - stop doing it.

Originally Posted by jrs
and very true.
Yeah, but no one was trying to hide the truth so why point it out.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Too many things are considered a sin. Pretty much, if it feels good - stop doing it.
Not a very bright way to look at it. Feeling good can be achieved through other ways such as: work, effort, a good job, being a good person, sports, activities, etc. Drugs such as weed are just the cheap shortcut with many negative consequences.

I think Equilibrium pretty much nailed it; drugs are almost invariably a distraction, be it from pain or simple boredom. Whatever problem or void caused you to turn to them in the first place is still going to be there when you're done, assuming it hasn't gotten worse.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
You think this way because the modern emphasis towards sin is one of rules, rather than one of benefit. Sinful behavior is to be discouraged because it's simply unwise. Unfortunately this is not often articulated, and sin is communicated as something forbidden for its own sake, rather than something which genuinely harms the sinner over time.

Originally Posted by jrs
MoFo has gone to a real low. I can't believe ya'll. It's very sad.
I think it is a good thing that people are talking about their experiences, it is good honest discussion.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I'm seriously thinking about giving up coffee. Ever since I quit smoking (ordinary cigarettes) I have always told myself that I would never get hooked on anything again. And I am definately hooked on coffee - only I do not get a kick out of it. I do, however, feel like crap if I don't drink it everyday. Then again... it tastes goood...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by nebbit
doesn't sound like you are ready to give up yet.
LOL, coffee what a good idea lol. BRB.

Originally Posted by jrs
MoFo has gone to a real low. I can't believe ya'll. It's very sad.

Hear that? That's the sound of your life crashing ruthlessly into mediocrity.

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Hear that? That's the sound of your life crashing ruthlessly into mediocrity.
Huh? I don't agree with him, but I don't see how that follows at all. And frankly, it's a bit hypocritical from a proponent of marijuana, which is the physical embodiment of apathy/mediocrity.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Huh? I don't agree with him, but I don't see how that follows at all. And frankly, it's a bit hypocritical from a proponent of marijuana, which is the physical embodiment of apathy/mediocrity.
I was making a purposely antagonistic comment based on what I've seen him post unanimously through threads of all types. His blindingly judgmental comment here just amused me enough to come out for one of my oh-so-rare confrontations. I don't even smoke pot anymore since I've started running marathons; my comments in this thread and in others came from my disapproval of the inflated ego people like jrs have.

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
I was making a purposely antagonistic comment based on what I've seen him post unanimously through threads of all types. His blindingly judgmental comment here just amused me enough to come out for one of my oh-so-rare confrontations. I don't even smoke pot anymore since I've started running marathons; my comments in this thread and in others came from my disapproval of the inflated ego people like jrs have.
Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Actually, I almost take offense to that. Using weed, or any drug is not the physical embodiment of mediocrity. Remember that everyone has a vice. Everyone. Mine is the fact that I used marijuana extensively for a short period of time, tomorrow my vice might be failed grades. You have a vice too, I'm sure.

Also, mediocrity is relative. To tell you the truth I consider anyone who has had pre martial sex to have stooped to mainstream mediocrity. However as we all know, this is not always the case.

And finally, even if mediocrity is where we wind up, then a famous person (dont know who) once said that the essence of happenes is not wanting to go somewhere...but wanting to be where you are.