Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hard Eight (1996) - Paul Thomas Anderson

- Probably my second favorite from PTA and I'm glad I'm enjoying this one because I wasn't very in love with PTA... I like the shots and the storyline in this one. The cast is solid and John C. Reilly is awesome imo. Many scenes were very well-acted and filmed. The ending is very good with my taste and it's a very satisfying PTA movie. Nice Job.

Deathgasm, Jason Lei Howden
Can a movie not be awesome when it has a scene in which two metalheads fight demon possessed christians with their own sex toys? It can't. Highly enjoyable from beginning to end and with a satisfactory amount of blood and intestines, too.
7.5/10

Spy, Paul Feig.
Yesterday night I was like "Ok, wife, you can choose the movie tonight, it's only fair" (I think she didn't love Deathgasm as much as I did). She is a big Melissa McCarthy fan so she chose this one and I was like oh wow I'm going to fall asleep in front of the tv after twenty minutes and\or hate it.
Instead, I was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty funny and manages to stay interesting for its whole 2 hours, something that not all spoofs manage to do. It didn't turn me into a Melissa McCarthy fan (probably nothing ever will), but luckily there was more than just her in Spy. Mainly Statham, who has a few hilarious scenes.
6.5/10
Spy was a happy surprise. It was done well. Nothing to remember about it. But at least not rip-your-hair-out while watching it.

Master of My Domain
The Orphanage (Bayona, 2007)

Thoughts posted in the Euro Hall of Fame thread.

Terminator Genisys

I came into the movie very reluctantly as the trailers did not really sell me and because of my fond memories of T1 and T2 I didn't like the casting choice. The movie did exceed my low expectations however it still seemed a bit confusing with some plot holes. How is it that John O'Conner was with them in 2017 either I wasn't listening or they didn't explain that part. It was better than Salvation and probably on the same level at T3 I did enjoy how they basically did shot for shot the time travel to 1984. They also did not really explain the Genisys system and how it is all linked, it was good to see Arnie back in his defining role the actors I guess were ok but anyone really could have played them. It was a decent action movie but don't expect to be blown away by it.

2/5 Stars

I could not digest this movie. Hopeless religious sentimental crass!
Where's your heart dude?

Terminator Genisys

I came into the movie very reluctantly as the trailers did not really sell me and because of my fond memories of T1 and T2 I didn't like the casting choice. The movie did exceed my low expectations however it still seemed a bit confusing with some plot holes. How is it that John O'Conner was with them in 2017 either I wasn't listening or they didn't explain that part. It was better than Salvation and probably on the same level at T3 I did enjoy how they basically did shot for shot the time travel to 1984. They also did not really explain the Genisys system and how it is all linked, it was good to see Arnie back in his defining role the actors I guess were ok but anyone really could have played them. It was a decent action movie but don't expect to be blown away by it.

2/5 Stars
I've put this movie on twice and still to finish it,I don't think I ever will. The Terminators terminated with number 2.

The Bucket List (2007) - Rob Reiner

- 3rd time I watch that movie and 3rd time I cry like a little baby. So beautiful and heartwarming... both actors are favorite of mine and for a reason they are both astounding and aboslutely awesome to watch. Definitely one of my favorite cliche movie and I'm proud to said that I deeply love that movie.
+

Halloween II

Oh boy I always wanted a sequel where 95% of it takes place in a hospital full of stupid people.

The Curse of Chucky (2013) - I was just browing through Netflix on a Sunday afternoon and came across this movie and figured I'd give it a chance since it's October and all. The last few Chucky movies have been pretty terrible, so my hopes were low. It took a little way into the movie, but about halfway through I was taken aback when I realized I was actually really enjoying the film. This movie has a lot less of the goofy one-liners and ridiculous kills (though believe me, they're still here) and utilizes some good classic horror techniques. Though, near the end, the movie falls back on its' usual "Chucky-ness", there's a good atmosphere and pretty solid performances throughout the film. I was really surprised in the quality of this one and, though it's not saying very much, this was probably my favorite Chucky movie.

I'd give The Curse of Chucky three screams out of five.

Welcome to the human race...
With such different rating styles from person to person, who knows?
You should check out my movie-a-day thread then. These days, me giving something a
is considerably high praise.