Ghostbusters II

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, never understood the hate. I think it's a perfectly good sequel. Maybe not as good, bit's very much the same kind of film, scratches the same itches, and has some really great lines/ideas in it. I always liked it about as much as the first.

Yeah, never understood the hate. I think it's a perfectly good sequel. Maybe not as good, bit's very much the same kind of film, scratches the same itches, and has some really great lines/ideas in it. I always liked it about as much as the first.

Spot-on for me. Both for me are infinitely entertaining.

You know what also strikes me about GB2 when I watch it? How incredibly modern it looks for an 80s film. Granted some of the hairstyles and trends (like the walkman and Nintendo controller) are staples of the decade but so much else of the film is very contemporary-looking and looks like it could easily be occuring in this era (barring modern tech like cell phones).

Defo Good sequel but feelings that they could of done a lot better with it!!!

God Knows what the third remake is going to bring!!

I think it could've been better in some ways but for the most part I think it turned out very good. Sequels can be hit and miss and I feel GB2 for the most part hit the right marks for being of the good variety. I still reckon one good sequel is always preferable to a bunch of bad or mediocre ones, no need to milk it to death.

Reading up on the background of the actor who portrayed Vigo and what he was like in real-life... let's just say Vigo seems even more evil than he already does in the film

I always enjoyed GBII. The good and bad point about it is that its the same film as the first. That's good that its familiar but bad that it's a total rehash. Think I'm going to have to re watch both again as it's been a few years.

Other films that are also very similar are Men In Black and Evolution (this been an Ivan Reitman film also you just need to replace Ghosts with Aliens and you again have the same movie) and both were made by Columbia Pictures so in actual fact we have had more than one Ghostbusters sequel just with different names and actors.

Also does anyone else like the GB2 version of the logo? The original is a classic icon but I always liked the GB2 version as well with the ghost holding up the fingers. I know it doesn't make sense in a way for it to be used in the film but I always viewed it as a peace/victory symbol and that's how it was used as such in the film.

Also does anyone else like the GB2 version of the logo? The original is a classic icon but I always liked the GB2 version as well with the ghost holding up the fingers. I know it doesn't make sense in a way for it to be used in the film but I always viewed it as a peace/victory symbol and that's how it was used as such in the film.
Yeah, it's a belter [I suppose it would be peace, as I think victory was more the other way round (at least for Churchill!]. In fact the designer died quite recently.

Still own that game and at nearly 30 years old still haven't beaten it, so punishingly hard. And seeing that ad reminds me of how I think the right decision was made to not have the slime be green since it looks so cartoony there.

Still own that game and at nearly 30 years old still haven't beaten it, so punishingly hard. And seeing that ad reminds me of how I think the right decision was made to not have the slime be green since it looks so cartoony there.
I wonder if it also had something to do with Slimer being green and the most identifiable ghost from the original film?

Perhaps. Funny enough the 2009 video game has the good slime as dark green and not pink like in GB2. I think the pink color makes it look more realistic, like a living organism.

Perhaps. Funny enough the 2009 video game has the good slime as dark green and not pink like in GB2. I think the pink color makes it look more realistic, like a living organism.
Yeah it did. I think especially in the bath scene that made it a lot more frightening, the way it lunges after them.