Music! What makes your blood boil?

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
lol. Gotta go. Have gun guys.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Gotta go, guys. Gonna listen to some dehumanized music before I fell asleep. BYE

Welcome to the human race...
I'll never understand why some people try and beat up on people with passionate opinions, immediately accusing those opinions of being "old fashioned" or "outdated". That's a dick move right there. If these assaults came from professionals, I'd consider them, but they don't come from pro's. They come from novices who haven't tied the boots up yet. Chill out. This is supposed to be be tongue in cheek socializing and stimulation, not attacks on people for having an opinion. Try countering with a less condescending dialog. Don't fail the debate team, there's still time to poke someone in the chops with a wink and a nod before closing the casket to being socially sound.
Condescending? This thread was literally started by a user who asserted that punk and metal "weren't really music, but noise" - it doesn't get more condescending than asserting that the music they personally don't like doesn't count as real music regardless of what anyone else may think about it.

Condescending? This thread was literally started by a user who asserted that punk and metal "weren't really music, but noise" - it doesn't get more condescending than asserting that the music they personally don't like doesn't count as real music regardless of what anyone else may think about it.
Right. I wasn't referring to the OP, though. I was referring to the attack on Matt72582. I've seen him fall under attack before because of his classic sensibilities and it doesn't sit well with me. That's all. TBH I didn't even bother reading the OP.

I'm just saying that, if I were to say that movies like Beauty and the Beast or The Incredibles or The Wrong Trousers didn't count as real movies just because they didn't involve putting flesh-and-blood humans in front of a camera, then people would think I was being unnecessarily narrow-minded in my definition of what counted as a movie.
Speaking of music... The Incredibles had a great soundtrack (most of it intentionally reminiscent of James Bond style / 60's hot cool jazz - I have no idea what to call that style!)
It was so great I bought the CD!

Start of YouTube album playlist:

[quote=Captain Steel;1865680]Speaking of music... The Incredibles had a great soundtrack (most of it intentionally reminiscent of James Bond style / 60's hot cool jazz - I have no idea what to call that style!)
It was so great I bought the CD!

Sounds good enough a descript to me

Huh? Not sure if you come across that way to anyone else but you don't to me. Ask @Citizen Rules i'm a big fan of yours Joel.
I love everybody Joel's cool...But wait! not one mention of Frank Sinatra from the OP Is this the same Kiwi who hated God Save the Queen?

I'll never understand why some people try and beat up on people with passionate opinions, immediately accusing those opinions of being "old fashioned" or "outdated". That's a dick move right there.
Here's the thing though: Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and express it - and that includes having an opinion about someone else's opinion.

Here's the thing though: Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and express it - and that includes having an opinion about someone else's opinion.
Of course. And here's the thing about manners and tone..it's easily lost on the internet, and if we're to be friendly with each other, we should take precautions and try and be productive and still maintain a bond. I hate laziness. When I speak out of turn I do damage control. Anyone do damage control, or are some people perfectly happy being openly miserable and given accolades for it?

Hey, whatever. I have ailments that piss me off daily. Things I won't divulge on the net. A grinding, painful series of occurances that bind me to as much humility as my neanderthal instinct allows. When it comes to personally attacking people, I am not exempt. I recoil and try to apologize, but sometimes it's too late. I see this game on the forums as being more of a legal speak type of thing, like a lawyer would bring to court to get a murderer off on some technicality. Talk that is still filled to the brim with nastiness, but presented in such a way to remain safe and within the guidelines. F all of that noise. Have at it, I'm out.

Of course. And here's the thing about manners and tone..it's easily lost on the internet, and if we're to be friendly with each other, we should take precautions and try and be productive and still maintain a bond. I hate laziness. When I speak out of turn I do damage control. Anyone do damage control, or are some people perfectly happy being openly miserable and given accolades for it?
I'm not seeing anything that is particularly rude in this thread, just people honestly expressing opinions. But then, that's my opinion.

Welcome to the human race...
Right. I wasn't referring to the OP, though. I was referring to the attack on Matt72582. I've seen him fall under attack before because of his classic sensibilities and it doesn't sit well with me. That's all. TBH I didn't even bother reading the OP.
The issue isn't so much that he has "classic sensibilities" at all so much as the way in which he expresses them at the expense of others' sensibilities. Consider that the first post Matt got "attacked" over was one where he agreed with OP's condescending "not real music" remark, which is also the post where he first complained about humanity being taken out of art by artificial means. Understandably, people pointed out how this was an unfair generalisation to make about new music. I'll certainly hate bands and genres but I won't think of them as "not real music" - the worst music is still music.

The issue isn't so much that he has "classic sensibilities" at all so much as the way in which he expresses them at the expense of others' sensibilities. Consider that the first post Matt got "attacked" over was one where he agreed with OP's condescending "not real music" remark, which is also the post where he first complained about humanity being taken out of art by artificial means. Understandably, people pointed out how this was an unfair generalisation to make about new music. I'll certainly hate bands and genres but I won't think of them as "not real music" - the worst music is still music.
Right, and that's technical speak. Of course it's "real" music. But, to read between the lines, and understand what he is really trying to communicate (I believe), is that it's not organic=real music. Elevator music is "real" music, too, but if you bring it to a party with a few honey's waiting to be taken home, guess what? You're not going home with them. You'll be rigging the cables on the floor with tape while the red operator is setting up a shot for some hardcore DP action. That's all I am saying, man.