Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Fifth Element (1997)

I expected entertainment and my god, I received it!

It's a Sci-Fi/Action/Comedy/Romantic flick with some funny ideas (Chinese food salesman on his boat going from house to house, etc.), a great futuristic world and some great characters! The plot may be a little weird, but that's not the reason why I watched it.
It's kind of a sci-fi mix between Taxi Driver (he drives a cab and he's an ex-military), Titanic (the ending on the boat resort) and James Bond (especially the ending). It certainly is a hell of a ride!

-

Ordet - Carl Dreyer

Very powerful, though I found some minor problems with the pacing and the acting. Still it is in the top 5% best films I ever watched.
Ordet is an excellent movie! Though my favorite of Carl Th. Dreyer and probably my all-time favorite is The Passion of Joan of Arc. You should def. give it a watch.

Mariee etait en noir, La

Well constructed and superbly stylish French thriller from the one and only Truffaut. Very surprised that this hasn't received the obligatory Hollywood remake yet. It's a vengeance themed film from a female angle. Given the film's age, it's important to make note of the female perspective.

4 stars out of 5.

African Queen 8/10

The plot isn't extraordinary but the film is supported by two great actors and their chemistry during the film, i liked it.

Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

Great picture for sure! Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper really hit it off. I really liked their characters. They are so flawed that you just HAVE to sympathize with them.

Also Robert De Niro was **cking HILARIOUS! His seriousness about his superstition was just brilliant! He played it flawless. I literally (ok, maybe not literally) laughed my ass off several times. I had my thoughts about him being nominated for an oscar before I saw the movie, but now I know why he is. He brougth great comedy to the screen.

The climax (dancing) scene was also great by the way. Damn, I love Jennifer Lawrence. She's such a pretty and gifted actress. I hope she'll make many movies in her career.

Hotel Translyvania
-

I wasn't expecting to be blown away by it, but I thought it'd be better than this. Didn't laugh even one time. Didn't like the characters. I should've known better than to bother watching anything from Adam Sandler. I'm just glad I opted to rent it instead of seeing it when it was in the theater or blind-buying the DVD.

Killing Them Softly

I have mixed feelings about this movie, I mean I don't regret watching it because it had quality, it had some enjoyable scenes, sometimes interesting dialogue, generally nice cinematography and camera work. I liked Brad Pitt and almost all the scenes with him, I think he did pretty good in this movie. However, I didn't quite like the way the story was told, and the characters seemed like they were there just to play their part but not much is told about them, basically the story seems sort of rushed even though it's told quietly and not too much violence is involved.

Bitter Moon (1992)

Polanski is a master in creating atmosphere. This is for sure one of the darkest movies I've experienced in my life.

The film explores the two extreme sides of a 'human' relationship in a frame narrative way. In the tale we see extreme lust and extreme emotional pain performed by two individuals in Paris and in the frame itself we see the result of it all on a cruise ship, where another couple becomes dragged into the whole dark spiral that was consumed.

It sure was a very interesting and satisfying experience!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Hotel Translyvania
-

I wasn't expecting to be blown away by it, but I thought it'd be better than this. Didn't laugh even one time. Didn't like the characters. I should've known better than to bother watching anything from Adam Sandler. I'm just glad I opted to rent it instead of seeing it when it was in the theater or blind-buying the DVD.
For what it's worth, I don't think it was too shabby. I'd give it a 6/10. I can't be that harsh on children's movies.

I watched Fire and Ice. Average movie, the script and dialogue was amatuerish, the continuity was disjointed, but the special effects and production design were very good.

The General (1926) by Buster Keaton and Clyde Bruckman

The Piano Teacher (2001) by Michael Haneke

Permanent Vacation (1980) by Jim Jarmusch

Carne (1991) by Gaspar Noé

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Saving Private Ryan (rewatch) 10/10

Warm Bodies 7/10 (It drags in spots)

Megashark Vs. Crocasaurus 2/10 *two points just for "starring" Urkel

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Possession (1981) by Andrzej Zulawski

Black Sabbath (1963) by Mario Bava

Black Moon (1975) by Louis Malle