The Walking Dead Episode Discussion

Tools    

Yeah, there is, but the show is going a very different direction. Which I'm disappointed about.

Speaking of which, I've never watched a show that I've flipped and flopped over so much. I hate a character, then love a character, love a character then hate it. Watch an episode and am in love with the show; watch another then moan and complain. In a way, I think it helps keep me interested, because I never know how I am going to feel afterwords.

I am concerned about next season. I saw an interview with Glenn ( I don't know his real name) he said
WARNING: "In case you don't want to know" spoilers below
that the next season would see the characters stretched to their very limits. I was hoping for more of a rebuilding direction, like Austruck and I previously talked about. I think they've been stretched far enough

On another note, the guy who plays Glenn is extremely like able. I normally don't watch celebrity interviews, but I caught this one. He made me want to not be tired of Glenn anymore.

I dont think theres a character I dislike anymore. Any of them that are living still I feel too much pity for them.

Glenns awesome! I think it's all business now with Glenn & Maggie since they finally made their quest like connection. Glenn is like Rick, a straight-up hero. Strange but as I think about it the only hero types left are Glenn, Tyrese, and Rick. Abrahams like John Wayne in the apocalypse, but I think too mission minded to be classified a hero.

Saw a news piece the other day online that said there are three cast members that have been given "cast regular" status instead of "guest-starring" status. They are Alanna Masterson (Tara), Christian Serratos (Rosita), and, unfortunately for Rick & co., Andrew J. West (Gareth, the head of Terminus). I don't want Terminus to last all of Season 5 (and the producers have hinted that it won't). As for these three actors getting regular status, Emily Kinney was given the same for Season 4 and she had two episodes where she was featured prominently and then she got kidnapped. So regular status might not be that great of a thing, depending on whether Emily returns or not.

I was a bit aggravated by the finale. I expected a cliffhanger and figured Terminus was a trap, but my problem was the prison flashbacks; I had enough, and the sentimental Herschel stuff just felt irritatingly unnecessary. I would've liked to see the final episode focus more on the present and future, not pad with sappy filler. The whole epi should have been devoted to their arrival and give us a better sense of where next season is headed.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I would agree with you, especially since Hershel was never a character I cared much for anyway. I always liked Dale better, but I guess they thought they could only have one older person at a time.

The Adventure Starts Here!
There were several reasons for those flashbacks, and I don't really think "sappiness" describes either one of them.

The flashbacks showed us how Rick went from original badass to farmer-Rick back when things were going well at the prison. He laid down his guns. He learned how to be peaceful, almost pacifistic in his approach. And, of course, back at the prison, in those days, that was an appropriate way to behave. Everyone relaxed. Folks let their guards down. That's what they were showing us.

And of course, all that does is remind us of the stark reality they are again facing -- foraging for food, breaking into houses, sleeping exposed out in the open. We needed to remember just how recently these people had had it pretty good, and to remember how far they have now fallen.

As they walked into Terminus (first Glenn and that group and then Rick and his more cautious group), we remembered that none of their former havens lasted very long and were fraught with problems that made those societies collapse. We were already painfully aware of how little safety there is in this new world, even in places like a farm or even a prison.

So we went into that Terminus arrival as big skeptics. The flashbacks helped that.

The other big reason for the flashbacks was to gear us up for the badass Rick coming back full force. So very recently he had been thoroughly farmer Rick -- so thoroughly that Herschel had managed to talk him into putting his gun down to do everyday tasks. And we end the season with the old Rick back -- guns a-blazing, back in charge, fully aware of the dangers, and letting everyone know that the Terminus tribe has "screwed with the wrong people."

FADE TO BLACK.

I thought it was a good juxtaposition, for those reasons.

For some reason... I just feel like they are gonna be ok in Terminus. We'll see. When does it come back on?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well, if you mean "they're gonna be OK" like "they'll triumph over those nasty cannibals who shot at them and herded them into a freight car," then sure, I agree with you.

If you're saying that TERMINUS is OK and that finale was all just a silly misunderstanding, then no, I don't agree with you.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
You know, thinking on it, maybe being a cannibal at this point isn't so bad. I mean, they're already infected, what further harm could it do? The next opener should start with all our favorite characters sitting down for an opulent feast on arms, legs and organs, and some homemade wine. Slow- motion shots of smiling faces and good conversation. I'd be ok with that. An awesome start to the next season.

OK, I'll wade in. If they (the terminus folk) were cannibals why didn't they just shoot them all?
you mean why didn't the Terminus people shoot all our guys? No refrigeration!

The first trailer of the 5th Season

Eh, sort of. Nothing that people would universally call a spoiler, but definitely some things that someone might not want to see if they were determined to go in completely fresh.

Eh, sort of. Nothing that people would universally call a spoiler, but definitely some things that someone might not want to see if they were determined to go in completely fresh.
Yoda got right !.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm not going to watch it either. In a way I like that the graphic novel and tv show are different enough that even though I'm ahead on one, that doesn't necessarily mean I know exactly what's going to happen. It seems as if the show might be going in a really different direction anyway.