Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

A History of Violence (2005) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Dread (2009)

-

This is a horror movie about a couple of college students who do a project about people's biggest fears. It goes way out of control. This is a medium budget movie with decent enough performances. It could have gotten pretty campy but it was played straight instead. It's actually executed pretty well and has some fairly sick scenes. It's a little slow but is decent.

The Mummy. Just got back from seeing it, wasn't to bad. Not sure why people are ripping it. Good acting, good effects. 7/10

Movieoverflow
I know it's a movie forum but if your into movies than you're surely into tv shows also and I just watched half of the season of The Handmaid's tale and my mind is blown away, every episode is so brutally disgustingly great. Must watch of the year so far.

I know it's a movie forum but if your into movies than you're surely into tv shows also and I just watched half of the season of The Handmaid's tale and my mind is blown away, every episode is so brutally disgustingly great. Must watch of the year so far.
It's a great show. There's a couple of threads here on the show. This is one of them.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...dmaid%27s+tale

The Jungle Book (2016)

Jon Favreau has directed another winner here, after good stuff like Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and Cowboys & Aliens, he's advanced to this remake of the Rudyard Kipling classic, which pretty much follows a lot of the classic animated movie. Yes there are a couple of songs, but they flow seamlessly with the action and aren't obtrusive. Basically, you have Mowgli, the Indian boy raised by wolves, portrayed by newcomer Neel Sethi, who is practically the only live action human among an incredible world built by CGI. And that shouldn't frighten CGI haters or detractors, because this jungle world is visually splendid and incredibly vivid. All of the jungle looks completely real, all the animals are top-notch, except maybe for certain shots of Baloo the Bear (voiced hilariously by Bill Murray). but everything else is great in my book. Bagheera the Black Panther, who makes sure the wolves raise Mowgli well, looks super and is voiced magnificently by Sir Ben Kingsley. Shere Khan, the evil tiger who hunts Mowgli is voiced deliciously by Idris Elba and animated to look pure evil. However, for me, the beast that stands out more than any other is King Louie, the gigantic Orangutan who wants Mowgli to steal the "red flower" (fire) for him so he can be king of the jungle. They even made Louie (voiced by Christopher Walken) look somewhat like Walken in the face, while still retaining a unique look of his own. And for
WARNING: spoilers below
Saturday Night Live fans, there's even a cowbell moment that is not a groaner but done innocently enough to produce a genuine laugh.
This is one of those rare remakes that lets you see it was worth the effort.

Down with Love (2003)

Movieoverflow
[quote=Stirchley;1716053]It's a great show. There's a couple of threads here on the show. This is one of them.

Oh great thanks

Escape (1948) - Moderate thriller but the tale is a few steps down from Hitch

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Millions Like Us (1943)

Interesting film to watch - British film from midway through the second world war about a girl who gets called up to go and work in a factory. Definitely a propaganda film in some ways, but not presenting a cheesy, rosy portrait either, very down-to-earth with probably a lot of realism.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Siege of Jadotville (2016)
+

-Because no plan survives contact with the enemy.

-That's a Rommel saying. I never liked Rommel.

-Not many Frenchmen like German tacticians.
It only took them two weeks to take over your entire country.

Good movie. Great story, which shows the UN smurfs in action.

Seigner still can't act, and she keeps all her clothes on in this one.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	merc.png
Views:	302
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	31293