looking for some dark movies to watch

Tools    

hello everyone. I watched requiem for a dream a while back and i really liked it. after watching it, i was thoroughly depressed, but thats why i liked it. requiem was so dark and powerful, i just loved it. are there any other movies that are similarily dark but good?

Hamlet comes to mind.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

My life isn't written very well.
Happiness

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Put me in your pocket...
The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945)
If you don't mind classics, this is a nice dark movie.

im afraid im unable to appreciate classics. i just cant stand watching old movies. when was hamlet made? i had to read that for school a little while back, but its kind of cliche dark. just a normal shakespere tragedy where everbody dies in the end. sure its dark, but its predictable too.

and "happiness", which one?? i just did an imdb.com (internet movie data base) search, and 3 movies came up with this title..

Donnie Darko

That's "Happiness" by Todd Solondz... he also has another dark film called "Storytelling". "American Psycho", "A Clockwork Orange". I guess you could also call "Trainspotting" dark... "Irreversible" is the darkest film that I've seen recently, but it has subtitles (I'm not sure if you are into that). "Once Were Warriors" is pretty hardcore, "American History X" as well. Of course there is also "Seven"... "Shallow Grave"... "Taxi Driver" and "Raging Bull". "Your Friends and Neighbours" and "In the Company of Men" are both considered intellectually dark to me. "Julien Donkey Boy" and "Gummo" are dark, but acquired tastes. "Chuck and Buck", "Natural Born Killers"... I liked "Nightwatch"... "Man Bites Dog" (subtitled)... and who can forget "the Bad Lieutenant", "Blue Velvet"... if I think of more, I will let you know. By the way, don't tell your mom where you got these recommendations.

Forgot to mention "Love Liza" and "Buffalo 66". Hey, while I'm on the subject... "Killing Zoe" and "Rules of Attraction".

There is PI, another dark movie from Darren Aronofsky, director of Requiem for Dream. City of lost Children, Blade Runner and maybe Brazil...

to travis: recommendations sound top notch. i think i have to make a trip to the movie rental store to get some of those.

donnie darko: watched it twice. it was just wierd. im still not sure if i really liked it or really hated it. i also watched pi. it was strange to say the least..

Here are some there is "The NIghtmare Before Christmas"that is pretty dark!Horror movies can't think of a certain one and "Star Wars" people conder that dark and I have no idea why!
And that is it for today so far!
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by sp0om
to travis: recommendations sound top notch. i think i have to make a trip to the movie rental store to get some of those.

donnie darko: watched it twice. it was just wierd. im still not sure if i really liked it or really hated it. i also watched pi. it was strange to say the least..
I'll have to second the recommendations for City of lost Children, Killing Zoe, Natural Born Killers, and also add the directors unedited cut of Lord of Illusions. Also check out Event Horizon for a dark Sci-fi.

Best o luck

Im not sure if you could consider "A simple plan" dark but id say the ending was pretty depressing. What a good movie though, definetly check it out if u havent seen it.