‘The Daughter’ (2023) - soundtrack

Tools    

About 1 hour and 25-ish minutes in, during the scene where the protagonist and the kid perform a play, the soundtrack to that is an electro song, the lyrics go something like ‘The heat is hard(hot?)/ in Kentucky’. Any idea what it’s called? Thanks in advance to whoever has any thoughts.

P.S. Apparently, it’s actually just ‘Daughter’, not ‘The Daughter’, but still 2023.

I'm not finding any movie with the exact title of "Daughter" from 2023.

IMDB exact match of "daughter"

Can you point out which movie you're referring to?
Thanks for your help — if anyone can find things, that’s usually you.

I mean this one:

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/d...ie-review-2023

Always some ambiguity with dates, but I came across it while researching best 2023 horror films, so I guess in my mind it’s from 2023.

On IMDB, however, it’s dated 2022, which is probably more accurate.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11226404/

Did you see the movie on a streaming service?
Nope, watched it in a manner that shall not be mentioned in this community

Streamed it illegally because I was at my wits’ end from lack of good horror.

Can you copy that small portion that contains the song? Maybe try Shazam or other music identifier, or post it on YouTube so we can try to identify it.

Can you copy that small portion that contains the song? Maybe try Shazam or other music identifier, or post it on YouTube so we can try to identify it.
Tried Shazam. Sometimes it doesn’t pick things up with the added dialogue etc (I always obsessively track songs from the films I watch, and I couldn’t even find Herman Brood’s ‘Saturday Night’ from ‘Gaesterne’, though that song is much better known than that Kentucky thing I’m looking for here.)

Will try to post the clip shortly, thanks.

Haha, I’m not, I hate social media, but that’s a very tempting idea.
I made a Twitter account for like, two days, to say something to a director and then promptly deleted it, LOL.

Tried Shazam. Sometimes it doesn’t pick things up with the added dialogue etc (I always obsessively track songs from the films I watch, and I couldn’t even find Herman Brood’s ‘Saturday Night’ from ‘Gaesterne’, though that song is much better known than that Kentucky thing I’m looking for here.)

Will try to post the clip shortly, thanks.
Please post the clip. That's a lead we haven't dug into yet.

And the song isn't listed at the end of the closing credits?

Also, I cannot believe he didn't get back to you! Shame! Shame!
Well, I’ve worked in/alongside the media all my life in some shape or form, so I think that’s okay. People have shit to do, I don’t take it personally.