Movies you PRAY they never remake

Tools    

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I'm open to all NWR films being remade by Wes Anderson.

BKB
"Movies you PRAY they never remake"

How about "Barbie"?? Once is enough from the looks of it

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
A remake of Casablanca:

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
I never want to see a remake of Back to the future.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

So far, thankfully, no remake of The Forbidden Planet (1956), itself sometimes thought of as a remake of Shakespeare's The Tempest. Thank goodness. It's the ultimate in ray guns, 1950's robots, skimpy female uniforms and flying saucers. A remake would probably mess up Robbie (the robot) and certainly make the Id Monster different. IMO, The Id Monster was one of the top 5 of all sci-fi monsters. It still occasionally shows up in my nightmares.

I never want to see a remake of Back to the future.
Although I'm not against the idea of remakes – they've existed since forever and will continue to exist – I won't deny that it's been fun seeing Zemeckis and Gale give the middle finger to anybody that thinks about it. I'm sure studios will jump at the chance before their corpses stink, but in the meantime, it's refreshing to see them sticking to their guns.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
They don't re-make em like they used to!
I can't think of a single movie I'd want re-made, although it might be possible to take a very old movie that was taboo and do it now in an environment of tolerance!

Taxi Driver 2 - Death To Uber

I dont think Wonka and The Chocolate Factory with Depp should have been made and also the Wizard of Oz with JLo either. But thats a personal opinion, youre more than welcome to love these movies, I will stick with the originals.

The Godfather should stay untouched but theres been countless parodies which takes the piss out of the originals but seems like a quick cash-in on Coppolas vision.

You cant remake a Jim Carrey movie, well because, hes in his own category and physical comedy is a once in a generation hit. There are no actors that can do it and so, shouldnt.

Fight Club

[/indent]You have any top favorites?
I disagree.

Fight Club is great because the premise has been rarely done (basement brawling) and the characters are original and interesting and the whole flick defines something about my generation. (late 90s/early 2000s)

BUT

It can be better and the movie could have greatly benefitted without the terrorist cult, which puts me off. Its great because there was nothing quite like it but I totally believe someone new and young that hasnt entered showbiz yet can take this and double or nothing on it.

Shawshank Redemption. It just perfect as is, no need to ever remake it.
You cant beat Spielberg at his own game but you can take this story, and remake it in a new style and perspective and still keep it a 10/10 BUT such a Director is a rare thing.

You cant beat Spielberg at his own game but you can take this story, and remake it in a new style and perspective and still keep it a 10/10 BUT such a Director is a rare thing.

Not Spielberg.