Glenda Jackson RIP

Tools    

Am I the only one who missed that Glenda Jackson, who won the Best Actress of 1970 Oscar for Women in Love and Best Actress of 1973 for A Touch of Class, passed away in June of 2023? She was 87 years old.

Am I the only one who missed that Glenda Jackson, who won the Best Actress of 1970 Oscar for Women in Love and Best Actress of 1973 for A Touch of Class, passed away in June of 2023? She was 87 years old.
No, I knew this. Lovely woman with one of the most beautiful British accents. Love her voice.

I knew about this too, and I could have sworn there was already a thread about this, and I can even remember posting in it. I guess it could have been on another site but I don't talk about stars in any forum but this.

I didn't see a lot of movies with her, but I wanted to. I did see her co-star with Walter Matthau in Hopscotch (1980), which I really enjoyed. I always wanted to see her in Mary, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth R, both from 1971 where she played Elizabeth I in each. Just someone I was always aware of that I never got to see in much.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

There's usually some media when an actor or musician dies, even though it happens multiple times daily, but didn't hear about her until I saw this post.

yeah can’t believe i hadn’t heard about this. i always thought it was strange that one of the most awarded actresses of all time was just quietly still alive and putting out work and yet nobody ever talked about her. she should’ve had the same late career resurgence that judi dench has had. rip
criticker

I am just so glad that I'm not the only one who missed this, I couldn't believe it when I read it. Her passing should have gotten a lot more press than it did.

RIP

I don't think I've ever seen a movie with her in it, but I know about "Women in Love". I'll have to automatically DVR Ken Russell.
Women in Love is a classic of British cinema. Book is excellent too.