The Last Airbender

Tools    

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
HA, alright. I'll assume you were just grouping it in there, because the title had the word "Night" in it?
yeah perhaps wasn't thinking while checking imdb XD

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

I can't wait to see this! xD

The Lord of the Rings

Release Date: July 2, 2010
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Screenwriter: M. Night Shyamalan
Starring: Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz, Jackson Rathbone, Dev Patel, Jessica Jade Andres, Aasif Mandvi, Shaun Toub, Cliff Curtis, Keong Sim
Official Website: TheLastAirbendermovie.com

Synopsis:

Avatar: The Last Airbender is set in an alternate world in which the “nations” are divided along the lines of elements: the Water Nation, the Earth Nation, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nation. The titular Avatar was supreme master of the four elements and was predestined to protect the rest of his world against the evil Fire Nation. Abruptly disappearing from view, the Avatar resurfaced in the form of 12-year-old Aang (Noah Ringer), the last of the Airbender tribe. Discovered frozen in ice near the South Pole by two young members of the Water tribe, Katara (Nicola Peltz) and Sokka (Jackson Rathbone), the irresponsible Aang had to summon up enough strength — and self-esteem — to do battle against the villainous Firebenders.

Based on the hugely successful Nickelodeon animated TV series, the live-action feature film is the opening chapter in Aang's struggle to survive.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Cant wait for this, it looks like an awesome thrill ride

Producer Frank Marshall confirms that the full trailer for The Last Airbender will in fact come attached to Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief which opens February 12th, just over two weeks away.

Source: Screenrant

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
Okay I have to admit that the trailer looked kinda kickass but then i realized that it was directed by someone I use to have so much respect for: M. Night Shyamalan! I mean looking back at previous movies that Shyamalan directed, (Unbreakable, Signs, The Sixth Sense) he is capable of doing such great work. Then we were hit with The Village that left Shyamalan's fans torn. Some thought it was another good movie whiles others, waiting for a signature twist ending, were baffled when guessing the movie took place in present time turned out to actually be the "surprise ending". After this mediocre film I was having trouble defending my favorite director. When I heard Shyamalan was then coming out with a new film, (Lady in the Water) I thought "Good, this movie will come out, people will see the twist ending in this film, and everyone will love Shyamalan again." WRONG!!! I was terrified when I saw this movie and after that I pretty much lost all respect for Mr. Night. After Lady in the Water, Shyamalan decided to do the movie The Happening. I think we all know how this movie turned out. I thought this one was probably going to be another bad film but when I finally got up the courage to actually RENT the movie I was in shock the whole way through by how the whole human race was cleared out by plants?! Now I'm not a big fan of Nickelodeon cartoon shows (seeing as how I'm a grown man) but when I saw that the film was being directed by Shyamalan I was baffled. Looking at the rate Shyamalan's movies are going, I don't know if this cartoon remake is going to be his best work. Right now I look at it as another peg down for Shyamalan. Like I said though, this movie does look action/adventure packed and if I can look past the directing maybe this will be the movie that will allow me to say that M. Night Shyamalan is one of my favorite directors again. Who knows?

Next The Last Airbender trailer coming with Iron Man 2

Producer Frank Marshall tweeted that the next trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender will be attached to Iron Man 2 which is due for release on May 7th in the US. The trailer will also be making it’s way online around that date too.

Click here to watch the second official trailer that was released a month ago, and here to watch a very cool TV spot that debuted during the Winter Olympics.

The Last Airbender will be released on July 2nd 2010.

Source: Filmonic

Ok, I have to get in touch with Manoj Night Shyamalan, the producer of Avatar, The Last Airbender movie.
Problem is, I don't know how!
If anyone have like, his phone number, email adress, his secretary's/agent's email adress or whatever, PLEASE contact me!
The movie can be saved if I can talk to him!

Ok, I have to get in touch with Manoj Night Shyamalan, the producer of Avatar, The Last Airbender movie.
Problem is, I don't know how!
If anyone have like, his phone number, email adress, his secretary's/agent's email adress or whatever, PLEASE contact me!
The movie can be saved if I can talk to him!
Sometimes phone numbers can be found on bathroom stalls. Check all of the ones in your area to see if Manoj wants to give you a good time.

You must be kidding me...are you an idiot? Do you think I want to get laid right now?!
NO, I'm trying to save a movie from ending in disaster!

Er, I don't know what makes you think the movie needs to be "saved" (or that you can somehow do this), but regardless, I think it should be obvious that information like this is almost never public. Sorry.

I trust you have seen the previews? And what actors they have chosen? It needs saving, and yes, I can do that.
But I see your point though. Getting to him might be impossible.

I just called him and he said "Shag off!" Sorry, but that's what he said...

Really?! Seriously? Still, could you pass on the number? I want to make a try, even though he might say that.

This is absurd. Yes, I've seen the previews. No, I don't think there's a problem. If you're referring to the fact that some of the actors are not the same ethnicity as the characters they portray, this is hardly unheard. And of the idea that it instantly turns a film into a "disaster" without regard for production, writing, or acting is ri-freakin'-diculous.

So is the idea that they aren't aware that some people object and need you, specifically, to convince them.

So is the idea that the movie isn't already done filming, given that it comes out in just a few months.

Still sees your point. And I know that a movie doesn't have to be horrible just becouse the actors doesn't look like thier respective characters. I also know that it's supposed to be released this summer.
You have "proven" your points.
But everyone I've talked to a lot of people who are Avatar fans, and every single one of them think the movie is going to be really bad. So it's not just me who thinks the movie needs "saving". It doesn't even have some of the main characters. How can you just let that be? He is making a mistake in releasing the movie this summer. He should wait.

I am not a fan of the TV series, though I hear it's quite nice. That said, nothing you're describing sounds like an automatic death sentence to me. Not having one of the main characters in no way, shape, or form, indicates that the movie will be "really bad." It might make it intolerable for people who love the series, but that's not the same thing.

Really, isn't every adaptation like this? Fans of the source material want to see it recreated perfectly, but that's never feasible (or advisable). It's always a balancing act. The goal is, first and foremost, to make a good movie, not necessarily a perfect translation. Perhaps Night is making some huge mistakes along with his necessary sacrifices, but let's wait and see before we condemn it.

Ultimately, adaptations are judged on their indepedent quality, not on how strictly they emulate their source. And I think that's probably the way it should be.