John Cassavetes - The Constant Forge

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
http://strangerintown.podcastpeople.com/posts/35360

I've been looking for this for a while. It's 3.5 hours long. I haven't watched it yet. It's like the last slice, I want to experience this the best way possible.

Again, I want to thank this forum, and a thread (that I wish I could find) that had the best films of the 70's, year by year, and I saw "A Woman Under The Influence" and as of last week, fortunately (and unfortunately) I've seen every Cassavetes film. None of them are in my top 20, but I think he's one of the most important filmmakers ever. And out of every director, I like him the most. I love the man. The more I learn about him, the more I admire him.

I guess I can imagine working for him...

http://strangerintown.podcastpeople.com/posts/35360

I've been looking for this for a while. It's 3.5 hours long. I haven't watched it yet. It's like the last slice, I want to experience this the best way possible.

Again, I want to thank this forum, and a thread (that I wish I could find) that had the best films of the 70's, year by year, and I saw "A Woman Under The Influence" and as of last week, fortunately (and unfortunately) I've seen every Cassavetes film. None of them are in my top 20, but I think he's one of the most important filmmakers ever. And out of every director, I like him the most. I love the man. The more I learn about him, the more I admire him.

I guess I can imagine working for him...
How can you be such a fan of the man but none of his films are in your top 20?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Woman Under The Influence is very close to making the Top 20... I haven't ranked any of his films, but at least half of them would make my Top 50.. I loved "A Child Is Waiting", "Love Streams", "Shadows", liked "Gloria" - he only made ten films, and with such a low budget. Hell, he even distributed them himself. I like him equally (if not more) than his films. And after reading all his interviews, I totally agree with his philosophy on film.