Extremely Common Things In Movies But Almost Never Happens in Real Lif

Tools    

People falling off a building or cliff and managing to hold on with just one hand.
Ha, last night I seen the exact same thing in a movie trailer that I was 'forced' to watch on the Blu Ray disk...it looked so silly.

Also in TV shows: police question important witnesses directly connected to either suspects or the victim, right in the middle of public, instead of at the police station.

Multiple times they've questioned people at the funeral of the victim. WTF?

Cars (vehicles, even buses) jumping things.
Say a drawbridge is opening, instead of just falling off the edge into the water, cars (or speeding buses) in movies will JUMP the span like Evel Knievel on a rocket-powered motorcycle.

Movies have less respect for physics than people who don't use coasters have for wood!

The truth is in here
People hanging up without saying goodbye or at least some form of parting phrase. The only time that's happened to me is if there's kind of connection issue which causes the phone to accidentally hang up. But on purpose, as if it's something I do routinely? Pretty much never. Unless you're a salesman.

People hanging up without saying goodbye or at least some form of parting phrase. The only time that's happened to me is if there's kind of connection issue which causes the phone to accidentally hang up. But on purpose, as if it's something I do routinely? Pretty much never. Unless you're a salesman.
Was going to say exactly this. Drives me nuts.

Related: when you can clearly see the phone screen and it's obviously not on a call. Like you can still see the app icons of a home screen.

I'll add: getting to say something pithy and wounding and having the other person staring, stunned and speechless, as you walk away. In real life, they'll usually yell something at you, even if it's just "shut up" or "whatever."

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

This drives me nuts. It takes 2 seconds, but they prefer inaccuracy, I guess.

Cars (vehicles, even buses) jumping things.
Say a drawbridge is opening, instead of just falling off the edge into the water, cars (or speeding buses) in movies will JUMP the span like Evel Knievel on a rocket-powered motorcycle.

Movies have less respect for physics than people who don't use coasters have for wood!
Like the bus jumping the highway in Speed.

Ending a cell phone call by loudly flipping that flip phone shut.

Cars that can nearly fly across streams in car chase movies.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
The victim running away from the villain will always trip or fall regardless of any actual trip hazard.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

An average man snapping someone's neck with their bare hands. This is only possible if you're built like a gorilla. It's much much easier to strangle them.

Also people getting stabbed and dying immediately. They may lose consciousness, but it takes a good while for a person to die this way (sorry breaking bad).

Now that I type this, I realize how creepy these statements are, but I stand by them.

Also, people flat-lining and being brought back with shock paddles. There's extremely low chances of them surviving at that point. The shock paddles are primarily for regulating an abnormal heartbeat.

And 9mm handguns that shoot through walls.

I keep thinking of more.

Cars working after the apocalypse.

Batteries go dead after a couple of weeks, but even if you somehow charge them, gasoline only lasts a year before going bad. Surprisingly, the Mad Max series is the most accurate. You'd need sources of oil in order to keep gasoline in your vehicles.

While on the subject of apocalypse shows/movies, who the hell is mowing the grass everywhere? I haven't seen a single overgrown lawn.

Dynamite being completely inert until the fuse is lit. Dynamite is filled with nitroglycerin. It's extremely dangerous to work with, often exploding for no apparent reason. I can only remember two movies where this happens: Saving Private Ryan, and Journey of Natty Gann.

Adam and Eve scenarios (more common in older Sci-fi and fantasy), where a small group of people repopulate a planet. You need hundreds, if not thousands of humans to have enough genetic diversity to survive.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"I have something to tell you"

"Me first.. I just got a raise from work! So great.. So what did you wanna tell me?"
"Oh.... Um.... Just what you wanted for dinner"