Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

It Follows (2014)
This horror film which has been hailed as a modern day horror classic, and received a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes (currently at 96%), is original, no doubt, but could have been a lot better.

Shot in Detroit, the film is about an evil supernatural entity that follows a girl around after a cursed sexual encounter with her boyfriend, who was a victim of this entity and passes it along to her.

I liked it, but hoped I would have loved it.

edge of tomorrow 8/10 lol

The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring

Could I have rated it lower? Yes. Does it deserve a lower rating? No.....simply everything about this movie was and is fantastic. It has one of my favorite tragic characters I've ever seen put to film in Boromir(I know he redeems himself in the end but I still consider him a tragic character, it was his obsession that was ultimately his downfall). When he calls Aragon his king I tear up every time lol. Solid acting all around. I don't know what else to say I could go on a rant about how amazing I think this movie(And the other two) is and it still wouldn't be enough to describe how much I love it. Amazing start to my favorite movie trilogy.
My all-time favorite, agree with everything you said. It is quite simply fantastic!

To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Care for some gopher?
Prometheus (USA/GB, 2012, Ridley Scott) -

Stunning visuals, great production design, an okay plot, shallow characters and several stupid decisions of them. Moderately enjoyable.

Bought this film on a whim during the last Criterion sale along with Odd Man Out. So what do I think...BRILLIANT! Sure it is not doing anything really new, but the execution is out of sight! Especially the near silent heist sequence with not a word of dialogue! Easily one of the best heist flicks I have ever seen. Right up there with The Killing and Asphalt Jungle. Thrilling, suspenseful, and pretty damn violent! Also the actress who plays Ida has a great set of t!ts. Say what you will of Dassin's politics, the guy could direct a movie!

Especially the near silent heist sequence with not a word of dialogue! Easily one of the best heist flicks I have ever seen. Right up there with The Killing and Asphalt Jungle.
No love for Le Cercle Rouge?

Im going to rate this movie with half watched...

What We Do In The Shadows
(2014, New Zealand)
Directed by Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi
Rating... 5/10 (Im sure it would have been lower if I would have finished it)

This movie was horrible and cheesy.. I guess that was the point.. its supposed to be a horror comedy and now I regret renting it from Redbox... It was such a let down. Its about the every day trials of vampires who are flatmates. Their problems paying bills, doing chores, picking up victims in nightclubs. It was seriously bad in my opinion.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

I don't know why I'm even rating these, you guys probably already know what I'm giving Return of the King lol. Surprisingly back when I first watched these movies the Two Towers was my favorite, mostly because of the Helms Deep battle, but that has since changed. The movie is still fantastic. What's funny is that there is a death in this movie of a character we pretty much know nothing about except his name, yet his death is more well done, emotional and heartbreaking than any of the deaths in the 3rd Hobbit movie. What the hell happened Peter Jackson?

It's a movie about a guy running an illegal operation. Also, feels very much like those movies where you fantasize about getting rich illegally and enjoying illegal drugs with your fellow wise guys.

The amount of explicit violence is very low but, basically, they were white collar gangsters. The smart ones that know how to crack the system in more subtle ways.

So yeah, I would call it a "White Collar Gangster movie".

Gangsters

Not Gangsters

Flags of Our Fathers (2006)

7.5/10

Aliens (rewatch) 8/10

Tombstone (rewatch) 9/10