What is the nearest example you've seen to a perfect movie?

Tools    

Near perfect. Perfection doesn't have to be measured by depth of character, how meaningful it is, amazing acting etc. To me, perfection is when a movie decides what it wants to be, what it wants to accomplish, and does it without getting sidetracked. How else can we measure perfection when nobody has identical ideals about what makes a movie "good".

Pacific Rim and Jack Reacher both did exactly that. Did they both have corny acting? Sure. Plot holes? Oh my gosh yes. But they knew what they were, I knew what to expect, and I left both 100% satisfied.

ALSO: The numbers are arbitrary, I should have just done dashes but when listing things I habitually use numbers.
Plot Hole = Imperfect! That's a fact.
Of course this is a topic about what's the nearest example of perfection and if you really believe that a film like Jack Reacher qualifies for you personally, then you're right.

I'd say Chinatown is the most perfect film I've ever watched to date. The script, the visuals, the music score, the acting, the atmosphere, ... Pretty much everything in this film is perfect.

Captain of #yoloswag
...if you really believe that a film like Jack Reacher qualifies for you personally, then you're right.
That's pretty much my point.

I think that The Departed have the right charts to reach the perfection. With an amazing cast with di Caprio, Wahlberg, Nicolson and Damon, this movie have the right mix between good and evil and a really interesting storyline. You should watch it guys

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Jaws
John Carpenter's The Thing
The Princess Bride

I think Drive is overall an excellent film.

Great cinematography, audio, plot, characters, and suspense. Nothing is wasted.

Just a well-made film, nearly perfect in that aspect.

I vote this one too!

The most perfect movie in existence would be the one you uphold as being amongst favourites.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Perfection in cinema would disqualify a movie from being great to me since it couldn't be made by humans. I suppose computers will eventually "animate" a film with no human involvement. Perhaps then some of you surviving will get a chance to see what it's like.